The online holiday season is just about here, and for the first time ever, Amazon has released their version of a toy catalog.
On the heels of Walmart’s high-tech top toys list, Amazon’s first-ever “Toys We Love” holiday shopping list features dozens of gift ideas expected to be top sellers this year.
You can check out the full Toys We Love list on Amazon and search by price, age group, and category, but here are some of the big trends of the 129-toy collection:
LEGO dominates Amazon’s first toy list.
Just about 10% of this Amazon list is made up of LEGO sets, ranging in price from $9.84 to $379.95.
Here are some of our favorites from the list (and three of them cost less than $15):
- LEGO Minecraft The Taiga Adventure – $9.84
- LEGO Marvel Avengers Thanos Mech – $9.84
- LEGO Star Wars Mandalorian Shock Troopers and Speeder Bike Building Kit – $13.47
- LEGO Classic Creative Fun Building Kit (900 pc) – $39.99
- LEGO Star Wars: The Mandalorian The Razor Crest – $129.99
Play sets — from Peppa Pig to Roblox — are big.
Amazon believes that this year, as many families are largely staying at home, inside, that play sets are going to be popular this year.
There are a bunch of different play sets at various price points on the list, including:
- Peppa Pig Playhouse and Camper Van – $39.99
- Disney Princesses Comfy Squad Comfy Castle – $99.99
- Bluey Family Home – $85.06
- Roblox Pet Store Playset – $49.99
- Paw Patrol Ultimate Cruiser – $79.99
- KidKraft Adventure Bound Space Shuttle – $49.99
There are a lot of board games and puzzles on the list.
Puzzles made a comeback in 2020 thanks to quarantine, so it’s no wonder we’re seeing a Baby Yoda puzzle and a 3D globe puzzle on the list.
But board games are also well represented, including:
- Monopoly Friends TV Show Edition – $24.32
- Impractical Jokers Challenge Pack – $29.99
- Catan the Board Game – $42.54
- Throw Throw Burrito – $24.99
Lots of Star Wars (but really Baby Yoda) this year.
Besides the Baby Yoda puzzle, there’s a lot of Star Wars on the list, from the original trilogy figurines to LEGO Star Wars, to LEGO Star Wars Mandalorian.
There’s a new Baby Yoda plush figure on the list, as well as a no-kidding Baby Yoda animatronic toy for $59.00.
Most of the toys on Amazon’s list are for ages 3-8.
Out of the 129 toys on the Amazon list, 108 of them are in the 3-5 years old and 6-8 years old age groups.
Some standouts from this group include:
- Crayola Ultimate Light Board Drawing Tablet – $27.99
- 3Doodler 3D Pen Set for Kids – $49.99
- Nerf Fortnite Pump Action TS-R Blaster & Llama Targets – $44.99
- Kinetic Sand, Sandisfying Set with 2lbs of Sand and 10 Tools – $19.97
There aren’t many toys for babies or tweens on the list.
There are only 9 toys for kids 2 and under, and just 3 for kids 9-11 years old (although there are plenty of items in the 6-8 years age group, like Nerf and LEGO toys, that work just fine).
The age categories are pretty broad. (They included the Monopoly Friends TV Show Edition board game in the 6- to 8-year-old age group.)
If you’re gonna pick one baby toy from the list, make it the Fisher-Price Rollin’ Rovee for $49.44, a smart toy that can throw a ball.