Walmart got us all excited about holiday toy shopping back in early September when they released the Walmart Wonder Lab and their 2020 Top Toys List.
As cool as those virtual features are, there’s nothing like getting a toy catalog in the mail (and even Amazon gets it).
Walmart’s 56-page “America’s Best Toy Shop” booklet is out now, and they’re making it easier than ever to get the toys on your holiday shopping list.
Here’s what you need to know:
Every single thing in the booklet is scannable.
No kidding. From photos to text, everything in the Walmart Toy Catalog can be scanned by your phone.
Here’s what you do:
- Open the Walmart app.
- Select “Shop Walmart.com” (not Pickup & Delivery).
- Tap the barcode icon at the right side of the search bar.
- Hover over something in the book.
- The app will take you to a product page or exclusive content.
Some items lead to exclusive videos.
Throughout the booklet, Walmart has special “Scan here” logos. Scan those images using the Walmart app to get access to exclusive content from the following brands:
- Blue’s Clues & You (page 8)
- Paw Patrol (page 12)
- Ryan’s World (page 13)
- Minions Christmas (page 14)
- Frozen 2 (page 16)
- Love Diana (page 17)
- LOL Surprise (page 23)
- LEGO (page 28)
- Collins Key (page 32)
- Godzilla vs. Kong (page 38)
Scan ‘Wonder Lab’ toys to play with them virtually.
We’ve shared a lot about the Walmart Wonder Lab, but in case you haven’t had the opportunity to play with the top toys virtually, Walmart encourages you to scan a number of “Wonder Lab” toys in the catalog.
Those scans will let you play with the Gotta Go Flamingo, Squeakee the Balloon Dog, the Hot Wheels Sky Crash Tower, My Life As Hello Kitty doll, and a bunch more.
Amazon’s prices are almost always the same on sale items.
As we looked through Walmart’s price drops in the toy catalog, we cross-referenced the prices with those on Amazon, and the vast majority of the time, the prices were identical.
Create your gift list with the included paper list, or go digital.
The Walmart toy catalog has a blank gift list on page 3, but Walmart also lets you build a digital wish list at Walmart.com/wishlist.
(You can scan the picture on page 3 to get there, too.)
Make sure to browse Walmart’s $20 Super Gift Sets.
On Page 42, Walmart shares 20 of their $20 “Super Gift Sets,” packaged play sets that contain a number of toys grouped together for maximum value. Some of the top brands include:
- LOL Surprise
- Trolls World Tour
- Frozen 2
- LEGO Dots
Walmart has the lowest prices on the Gotta Go! Flamingo & other Top-Rated Toys.
- Gotta Go Flamingo, $19.97 (was $28.82) — Amazon’s price is the same
- FurReal Mama Josie The Kangaroo, $49.88 (was $67) — Amazon’s price is the same
- Pets Alive Fifi The Flossing Sloth, $19.88 (was $24.97)
- Squeakee The Interactive Balloon Dog, $44.88 (was $58) — Amazon’s price is the same
- Hatchimals Pixies Crystal Flyers, $24.82 (was $29.77)
Get LOL Surprise! for as low as $12.88.
LOL Surprise! is one of the hot toys predicted to sell out this holiday season, and Walmart has some of the best prices on those toys. (But they don’t beat Amazon.)
- LOL Surprise! OMG Remix Super Surprise, $98 (was $119) — Amazon’s price is the same
- LOL Surprise! Remix Hair Flip, $11.99 (was $15.88) — Amazon’s price is the same
- LOL Surprise! JK Mini Fashion Doll, Variety of Characters, $11.16 (was $16.88) — Amazon’s price is the same
A LEGO 1,500-piece kit is a smoking deal at $40.
There are plenty of 400-piece LEGO sets that cost $40, so when it comes to cost per brick, Walmart’s exclusive “LEGO Classic Bricks & Plates” set — 1,500 bricks plus 4 base plates — is a steal at $39.97.
Other LEGO deals in the toy catalog include:
- LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari F8 Tributo, $16 (was $19.95)
- LEGO City Race Boat Transporter, $24 (was $29.95, reg. $29.99) — Amazon’s price is the same
- LEGO Minecraft The Illager Raid, $48 (was $59.95, reg. $59.99) — Amazon’s price is the same
Nobody competes with Walmart for Hot Wheels deals.
Walmart is winning the price wars when it comes to Hot Wheels toys, beating Amazon prices by more than $20 in some cases:
- Hot Wheels Mario Kart Mario Circuit Track Set, $38.88 (was $44.97)
- Hot Wheels Monster Truck Scorpion Sting Raceway, $31.49 (was $44.97)
- Micro Machines Super Van City Transforming Playset, $39.97 (was $49.97)
- Hot Wheels Sky Crash Tower Set, $38.88 (was $44.97, reg. $49.99) — Amazon’s price is the same
- Hot Wheels City Air Attack Robo Dragon Play Set, $31.50 (was $44.97), Walmart exclusive
Walmart is competitive with Star Wars ‘Baby Yoda’ deals.
Star Wars’ The Mandalorian and The Child are super-hot toys this year, and Walmart and Amazon are neck and neck, price wise:
- Star Wars The Child 11″ Plush, $19.87 (was $24.86), Amazon wins at $17.49
- Bop It: Star Wars The Child, $14.88, Walmart exclusive
- Star Wars Mission Fleet The Mandalorian Speeder Bike, $12.93 (was $14.92 reg. $14.99), Amazon’s price is the same
- Star Wars The Mandalorian Darksaber, $24.86 (was $29.84), Amazon’s price is the same
- Star Wars The Child Pillow Buddy, $12.96 (was $19.17)
Get exclusive Disney Frozen 2 dolls as low as $10.
The Walmart toy catalog doesn’t have a ton of Disney toys, but the ones they do are mostly Frozen 2 products.
- Frozen 2 Musical Adventure Singing Elsa Doll, $19.88 (was $24.88) — Amazon’s price is the same
- Frozen 2 Musical Adventure Singing Anna Doll, $19.88 (was $24.88) — Amazon’s price is the same
- Frozen 2 Fire Spirit’s Snowy Snack, $12.88 (was $14.88) — Amazon’s price is the same
- Frozen 2 Spring & Surprise Olaf, $9.98 (was $12.88), Walmart exclusive
- Frozen 2 Magic in Motion Elsa Doll, $44.84 (was $59)
Walmart has Barbie toys as low as $14.88.
Walmart and Amazon have the lowest prices on Barbie toys this holiday season:
- Barbie Sweet Orchard Farm Playset, $59 (was $74)
- Barbie Fantasy Hair Doll with Accessories, $14.88 (was $17.88)
- Barbie Ken Wildlife Vet Playset, $14.88 (was $17.88) — Amazon’s price is the same
- Barbie Babysitters Inc. Skipper Doll & Playset, $14.88 (was $17.88) — Amazon’s price is $0.01 cheaper
- Barbie Club Chelsea Camper Playset, $22.49 (was $29.88) — Amazon’s price is better
Exclusive NERF blasters cost as low as $14.88.
Although you can get a Nerf gun for as cheap as $2 on Amazon, when you compare specs, Walmart’s exclusive library of blasters are some of the lowest priced around:
- NERF Ultra Four Blaster, $14.88
- NERF Elite 2.0 Warden DB-8 Blaster, $19.88
- NERF Ultra Three Blaster, $29.88
- NERF Elite 2.0 Turbine CS-18 Motorized Blaster, $39.88
- NERF Saturn Edge Series, $39.88
- NERF Alpha Strike Mission Ops Set 31 pc, $19.88
- NERF Fortnite DG Blaster, $29.97
Play-Doh & Kinetic Sand prices are in lockstep with Amazon.
Both of these products continue to be popular in 2020, and Walmart shares the lowest prices with Amazon.
- Play-Doh Kitchen Creations Cheesy Sandwich or Burger Barbecue, $7.88 (was $9.96)
- Play-Doh Kitchen Creations Candy Delight Playset, $18.82 (was $24.97) — Amazon’s price is the same
- Kinetic Sand Sandwhirlz, $14.97 (was $19.82) — Amazon’s price is the same
- Kinetic Sand Sandisfying Set, $14.97 (was $19.97) — Amazon’s price is the same
Find hoverboards for as low as $79.
And that’s the best price we’ve EVER seen on a hoverboard, so expect these to sell out.
- Fluxx FX3 Hoverboard, online only, $79 (was $99)
- Hover-1 All-Star Hoverboard & Go-Kart Combo, online only, $148 (was $199)
- Jetson Plasma Hoverboard, $148 Walmart exclusive
- Hover-1 My 1st Hoverboard, $88 Walmart exclusive
- Hover-1 Rebel Hoverboard, $98 Walmart exclusive
- Razor Hovertrax Hoverboard, $148 Walmart exclusive
Kids’ bikes start at $74.
Bikes have been one of the items we’ve seen sell out the fastest in 2020, and with these prices listed in the Walmart toy catalog, expect more of the same:
- 12″ bikes, $74
- 16″ bikes, $84
- 20″ bikes, $88
- 24″ bikes, $98