We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
When it comes time to buy a new Christmas tree, you may be wondering exactly when you should be shopping. We all know that stores seem to be putting out the Christmas decor earlier and earlier each year, but there are definitely certain sales and discounts to keep a watch for.
Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday week is typically the best time to buy get a good deal on a Christmas tree, but in 2022 some great deals continued into December. Please keep in mind that in 2022, we were still dealing with inventory shortages. If these shorts of issues continue into 2023, we’d suggest getting ahead of the game and planning your purchase in October/early November so you don’t get stuck paying more than you have to.
Best Christmas Tree Deals in 2022
- Holiday Time 7-Foot Colorado LED Tree – $69.00
- Holiday Time Wesley Pine 6-Foot Artificial Christmas Tree – $21.00
- Home Accents Holiday 6.5-Foot Festive Pine Christmas Tree – $69.98
- Wondershop 7′ Pre-Lit Cashmere Artificial Christmas Tree Clear Lights – As low as $192.50
Best 3-foot Christmas tree deals
- Mini Christmas Tree, 3 feet, $34.99 on Amazon
Best 4-foot Christmas tree deals:
- Juegoal Pre-Lit Artificial Christmas Tree, 4 feet, Black Tinsel Tree, $22.99 on Amazon (reg. $38.99)
- National Tree Company Slim Christmas Tree, Kingswood Fir, 4 feet, $35.30 on Amazon
- Sunnyglade Premium Artificial Christmas Tree, 4 feet, $46.99 on Amazon (reg. $45)
- National Tree Company Christmas Tree, Pink Tinsel, 4 feet, $25.99 on Amazon (reg. $44.99)
- North Valley Artificial Green Spruce Christmas Tree, 4.5 feet, $67.99 at Wayfair (reg. $94.99)
Best 5-foot Christmas tree deals:
- Goplus 5-foot Pencil Christmas Tree, Artificial Slim Skinny Tree, $45.99 on Amazon (reg. $49.99)
- Orgrimmar Artificial Black Christmas Tree, 5 feet, $26.99 on Amazon (reg. $26.95)
- Orange & Purple Lights Tinsel Halloween Black Tree with Timer, 5 feet, $29.99 on Amazon
Best 6-foot Christmas tree deals:
- 6-foot Pre-Lit Slim Flocked Alberta Spruce Artificial Christmas Tree, $105 at Target (reg. $150)
- Best Choice Products Christmas Tree, 6 feet, Partially Flocked Design, Pine, $89.99 on Amazon
Best 7-foot Christmas tree deals:
- Unlit Full Virginia Pine Artificial Christmas Tree, 7.5 feet, $140 at Target (reg $200)
- 7.5-foot Pre-Lit Slim Virginia Pine Artificial Christmas Tree Clear Lights, $192.50 at Target (reg $275)
Related: Don’t have a Christmas tree stand yet? We looked into the best ones that get you the most bang for your buck.
The best time to buy a Christmas tree is around Thanksgiving and right after Christmas.
You can score a good deal on a Christmas tree on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or right around Thanksgiving. Prices tend to skyrocket once December hits. That happens for two reasons: global supply chain issues and increased shipping demands that lead to higher shipping costs. Trust us — the longer you wait, the more you’ll have to pay.
If you want to save the most, after-Christmas sales will slash prices on unsold Christmas trees. We’ve seen trees go on clearance for 75% off at Home Depot on Dec. 30. This might not be helpful when you need a Christmas tree ASAP, but it’s super good to know for the future.