So when exactly is the best time to buy a mattress? Considering most people will spend 229,961 hours or a third of their life sleeping, the quality of your mattress is essential because it controls the quality of your sleep and well-being. Thus making mattresses a very important investment of the human experience, even though you may only purchase one every decade.
According to the Sleep Foundation, the average price of a queen mattress will run you $600 for a budget model and up to $1,800 for a luxury one. Of course, you can spend thousands more if you opt for brands like Sleep Number. If you’re mattress shopping and looking for reasonable prices, you might want to wait until there’s a sale. Because of the way the mattress industry works, there are sales at all times of the year. Waiting for a sale could save you serious money on your new mattress.
Be sure to download the KCL app for the latest deals, money-saving tips, and coupons on things like mattresses and bedding.
1. When is the best time to buy a mattress?
The best time to buy a mattress is during one of the clearance sales at a mattress store. Generally speaking, those happen several times in the year. From March through May, when the new models are in stores, the stores need to get rid of older models. Or during their holiday sales. In recent years, Mattress Firm has had “king for the price of a queen” or “queen for the price of a twin” for their Labor Day sales. Presidents Day is the first major sale of the year — however, there are also sales for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Martin Luther King Day.
Take a look at our long list of brilliant Black Friday shopping hacks that’ll save you money come the holidays.
2. When is the worst time to buy a mattress?
Any time a mattress is marked full price, you should avoid buying it. With so many deals throughout the year, it’s fairly easy to wait a few months and get a mattress on sale. June through September are when most manufacturers release their mattresses. Therefore, the prices are going to be high during those months. Except for when there are holiday sales — such as Labor Day. Here’s a few deals on queen mattresses we found for Labor Day 2022:
- Amerisleep Mattresses: $450 off
- Nectar Mattresses: $200 off + free $499 sleep bundle
- Cocoon Chill Mattress: 35% off + free sleep bundle
- Layla Select Mattresses: $200 off
- Avocado Mattresses: 10% off
3. Is Presidents Day the best time to buy a mattress?
Presidents Day is an excellent day to buy a mattress because it’s historically been a date for home goods sales. That means you’re going to get some of the best deals during this time. Presidents Day sales in 2022 included these mattresses:
- Amerisleep AS3: $849 (regularly $1,149)
- Casper Mattresses: up to 50% off
- Cocoon by Sealy Chill Mattresses: 35% off + free sleep bundle
- Purple Mattress Bundles: up to $700 off
- Nectar Mattresses: $499 off + free $399 sleep bundle
- Layla Mattresses: up to $200 off, plus $10 extra with code
4. What month is best to buy a mattress?
March or April is the best month to buy a mattress. This is because the mattress stores are switching over their inventory. You can buy some of the best mattresses for the best prices during these two months. In March 2022, we found these mattress deals:
- Amerisleep AS3: $849 (regularly $1,149)
- Casper Mattress: up to $943 off
- Sealy Myrtle Mastermind Mattress & Boxspring: $549 (regularly $1,370)
5. What holiday is the best time to buy a mattress?
Memorial Day and Labor Day are considered the best holidays to buy a mattress. They have some of the best deals for buying a mattress on sale. We’re talking $450 off the Amerisleep AS3, for example, which starts at $1,149, making a mattress $699 — that’s almost a 40% discount! You may find savings like $300 off during other holiday sales, like Presidents Day and Black Friday.
Check out our tips to help you get the best Black Friday Deals online.
6. What month has the most mattress sales?
Typically, June has the most sales for mattresses, but that doesn’t mean that June is the best month to buy. This tends to be when manufacturers release their newest models.
7. What is the best time of year to buy a mattress?
In principle, if you’re planning to buy a mattress, spring is one of the best times to buy a mattress. This is due to mattress companies rolling out newer mattresses in the summer and mattress stores wanting to get rid of all of their older stock. Don’t fret over not getting the most recent model though. Unlike computers, the newest model isn’t necessary.
8. When is a good time to buy a mattress online?
You’ll want to take advantage of Amazon Prime Day and Cyber Monday for online mattress sales, as well as the standard holidays. Cyber Monday tends to have sales of up to $300 off for Amerisleep, whereas Casper, in the past, has offered 30% off of all of their mattresses. Other deals we found during Prime Day 2022 and Cyber Monday 2021:
- Avocado Luxury Organic Mattresses: up to $300 off
- Casper Sleep Element Mattress, $396 (regularly $495)
- Cocoon by Sealy Cooling Mattress, $499
- Purple Mattress Bundles up to $600 off
- Zinus Green Tea Mattress, $241 (regularly $439)
We’ve got the scoop on the best Cyber Monday sales worth shopping in 2022.