Here’s a list for you of the best ways to save when you shop at any of these stores.
1. Download Paribus to get rewarded for shopping online.
There is a 14-day window for price adjustments at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy.
This basically means if something you bought goes on sale within 14 days after you bought it, you can get the difference refunded.
We don’t all have the time to keep track of everything we buy, but Paribus will do it for free!
2. Shop online and ship to your local store to save money on shipping.
3. Earn 2-4% cash back through the Ibotta app.
When you shop through the Ibotta app, they will reward you with 2% cash back on your order through Old Navy, Banana Republic and Athleta and 4% back through Gap.
3. Spend more than $50 to qualify for free shipping or wait for promotions.
I hate spending money on shipping, so I always wait until I fill my cart with more than $50 in purchases or wait for a free shipping promotion.
Signing up for the store’s emails are usually the best way to find out when these dates will be.
4. Combine online orders from Old Navy, BNR, Gap and Athleta.
Since they are all owned by the same company, you can shop between each store online and combine your cart.
This is also a great way to hit the $50 free shipping minimum!
5. Stack up to 3 coupons online.
It just depends on the type of coupons — like a dollar-off and a percent-off coupon can usually be stacked together. Similar coupons usually can’t be stacked, such as two percent-off coupons.
- Velvet Top – $20 (reg $22.99)
- Cardigan – $29.99
- 20% off coupon
- $10 Super Cash
- Total before coupons: $49.99
- Total w/ coupons: $32.00 ($17 savings)
6. Use their credit card anywhere that accepts Visa to earn rewards.
You get five points for every dollar charged on their credit cards in one of their stores and one point per dollar on any other store that accepts Visa. Five hundred points will get you a $5 reward.
7. Sign up for emails and go paperless to earn 1,000 points on your credit card.
The store credit card will award you 1,000 points once you sign up for their email and you opt for paperless billing.
This translates into a $10 reward!
8. Save up to 16% at Gift Card Granny on gift cards.
The gift cards are interchangeable between Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, so look through all three for the best deal. Right now you can find Old Navy gift cards for 16% off.
9. Employees get 50% off at all three stores.
Seriously! Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic give their employees 50% off. They also get 30% off at outlet stores and 35% off at Athleta.
10. Never pay full price on an item.
For example, at Old Navy, within six weeks of their original stock date, most items will make it to 40% off. Otherwise, wait for a coupon, because they usually have some kind of promotion going on.
11. Wait for markdowns of at least 30% on sales.
Often you can find 30% off items that are already on sale, but every once in a while they even take 40-50% off markdown items.
12. Get 20-25% off an online order for signing up for Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic emails.
Sign up for email newsletters to get 20% off your next online order at Old Navy, or 25% off at Gap or Banana Republic on your next order.
Then continue to receive sale alerts and discounts straight to your inbox. You can also sign up with your phone number to receive text alerts for their latest promotions and exclusive discounts.
13. Earn in-store cash at Gap and Old Navy.
Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic Factories each have their version of cash coupons similar to Kohl’s Cash called GapCash, Super Cash and Style Cash, where you earn a certain amount of dollars off after you spend a certain amount.
Those earning periods only last a couple weeks — and then you have a certain time period where you can use the store cash. They do expire!
- Gap Cash – $25 for every $50 spent
- Old Navy Super Cash – $10 for every $25
- BR Factory Style Cash – $25 for every $50 (up to $75)