Stores will often give you the difference if there’s a price drop on an item after you bought it.
But — and this is a big “but” — who has time to babysit every purchase, looking for a price drop?! Nobody really has that kind of time.
That’s where Paribus comes in.
When you sign up for Paribus, you’re basically getting a free babysitter for all your online purchases. And not only does Paribus monitor your items and reach out to retailers to negotiate the price adjustment on your behalf, but you’ll receive 100% of the difference when they’re successful.
Paribus monitors these 28 stores, all of which offer reimbursement in the form of original payment unless otherwise noted.
- Bloomingdale’s: 10 days to claim a price adjustment.
- Macy’s: 10 days to claim a price adjustment.
- NewEgg: 14 days to claim a price adjustment.
- Staples: 14 days to claim a price adjustment.
- Target: 14 days to claim a price adjustment.
- Bonobos: 14 days to claim a price adjustment. You can get the difference in either your original form of payment or store credit.
- J.Crew: 7 days to request a one-time price adjustment. Items must be regular priced — there are no price adjustments on sale items that get further markdowns.
- Zappos: 10 days to claim a price adjustment.
- Nordstrom: 14 days from when your item ships to request an adjustment. Also, they’ll only honor a price drop if the item that goes on sale is the exact size and color.
- Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta: 14 days to claim a one-time price adjustment. You can’t get a price adjustment on items if you used a promo code to get a discount (free shipping discount excluded).
- Walmart: You have your entire return window to claim a price adjustment, which in some cases is up to 90 days!
- Kohl’s: 14 days to claim a price adjustment on sale or regular price items. Also, promo codes you use must still be valid in order for them to apply to your new sale price.
- Office Depot: 14 days to request a price adjustment.
- Neiman Marcus: 10 days to claim a one-time adjustment when an item has been marked down to permanent sale. You can’t get a price adjustment on temporary markdowns or online clearance.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: 7 days to request a price adjustment on full price items only.
- Costco: 30 days to request a price adjustment. Costco will issue a store credit for the difference.
- The Home Depot: Up to local manager’s discretion, but typically 14 days.
- Sears: 30 days to claim a price adjustment on anything you didn’t use Shop Your Way points to buy.
- Crate & Barrel: 14 days to claim a price adjustment on full-price items only.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: 30 days on permanent markdowns only, not items marked down for manufacturer’s events.
- Anthropologie: 14 days to request a price adjustment.
- REI: 14 days to claim a price adjustment on exact same items, but there are no price adjustments on REI Outlet items.
- L.L.Bean: 7 days to claim a price adjustment on items that are the exact same color and size.
- Loft: 7 days to request a one-time price adjustment on full-price items marked down to a sale price. Percent-off markdowns are excluded.
- Wayfair: 14 days to claim a price adjustment.
Do I have to buy online in order to use Paribus?
Yes, the Paribus service only works with online purchases at select merchants.
How long does it take to get my refund?
It can take up to 3-7 business days for you to receive the money Paribus successfully gets for you.
Why does Paribus need access to my email?
Because Paribus reviews your receipts, communicates with retailers, and requests your price adjustment through your email. The emails look like they’re coming from you when the retailer receives them. Paribus uses a tokenized log in flow to help keep your email safe.
Is my information secure?
Paribus is committed to protecting your personal information and uses controls based upon internationally recognized security standards, regulations, and industry-based best practices.