While the news is full of layoffs and rumors of layoffs, there are a number of companies and industries that can’t hire quickly enough.
If you need to know where to get a job right now because you’ve been laid off due to the coronavirus outbreak or any other reason, here are some places that could use your help:
1. McDonald’s is now hiring 260,000 workers.
McDonald’s has created positions to implement nearly 50 new health and safety procedures to protect employees and customers. They’re hiring for positions ranging from entry-level to management.
2. Walmart is hiring 150,000 employees nationwide.
Walmart has been hiring consistently through the ongoing coronavirus crisis, with the company currently looking to fill 150,000 positions throughout their distribution and fulfillment centers by the end of May. These jobs include pharmacists, drivers, store employees, and more.
3. Amazon is hiring 75,000 new warehouse and delivery workers.
In March, Amazon pledged to hire 100,000 employees, both part-time and full-time, for their Operations network. With those positions filled, Amazon is now looking to fill an additional 75,000 jobs, such as warehouse employees and delivery drivers.
In addition to the total of 175,000 jobs Amazon has created in these unprecedented times, the company has made it a priority to invest in their employees with pay increases expected to exceed $500 million.
4. Lowe’s and Home Depot are hiring more than 52,000 people.
Home Depot is also hiring over 22,000 full-time and part-time employees. Positions are available for warehouse distribution and in-store associates.
5. Dollar Tree is hiring, so is Dollar General — 75,000 new jobs.
Dollar General, which operates more than 15,000 stores in 44 states, announced that they want to double their hiring rate and fill 50,000 jobs by the end of April. Although they anticipate most jobs will be temporary, Dollar General hopes to provide long term growth opportunities to some of the newly hired employees.
6. Walgreens and CVS are hiring nearly 60,000 people.
In response to the growing health care needs of those affected by the Coronavirus pandemic, CVS has announced that they, too, are adding 50,000 part-time, full-time, and temporary jobs.
7. Subway is hiring 50,000 workers across North America.
Subway is planning to hire 50,000 workers for positions ranging from entry-level to management.
8. Aetna, a CVS Health company, wants to fill more than 50,000 positions.
Aetna is one of the biggest healthcare benefits companies in the nation and they’ve been around since the 1980s. It wasn’t until 2018, that they joined forces with CVS with the goal to offer low-cost healthcare. Part of Aetna’s COVID response is to accelerate the hiring of more than 50,000 full- and part-time positions across the country. Positions include customer service and claims and clinical positions — some are even remote jobs.
9. Taco Bell plans to hire 30,000 new team members.
Taco Bell plans to hire for existing positions as well as creating new positions intended to keep drive-thrus, deliveries, curbside pickups, and mobile app orders running efficiently.
10. Panda Express plans to hire 30,000 delivery team members.
Panda Express is hiring thousands of new team members as they launch their new direct delivery service. Panda Express also plans to hire more employees at each location to be better prepared for opening their dining rooms when guidelines allow.
11. Ace Hardware is hiring over 30,000 employees.
With thousands of Ace Hardware stores still open, the need for employees has increased for the hardware chain. The company is currently looking to fill 30,000 positions at their stores across the nation.
12. Dunkin’ plans to hire 25,000 new workers.
Dunkin’ launched a hiring campaign centered around the benefits of working at one of their restaurants. Dunkin’ is partnering with Southern New Hampshire University to offer their employees free online education.
13. Food delivery services are hiring more than a quarter of a million people as demand rapidly increases.
Here are the links you need, in order of how well they pay:
- Apply to deliver for Postmates
- Apply to deliver for DoorDash
- Apply to deliver for Uber Eats
- Apply to deliver for Instacart
- Apply to deliver for Shipt
- Apply to deliver for GrubHub
14. Domino’s, Papa John’s, and Pizza Hut are hiring new employees.
15. Kroger is hiring for over 7,000 jobs right now.
The grocery giant, which includes numerous other chains in their corporate family, are particularly looking for workers to help with stocking and delivery, but positions are also available for cashiers, pharmacy technicians, and more. New hires can get to work within several days of application. You can search by location.
16. Target currently has over 8,000 open positions in the U.S.
In order to keep up with demand in stores and in distribution centers, Target has open positions that include seasonal workers, team leaders, specialty sales, management roles, and more. As part of their COVID response, Target has been protecting employees by providing face masks and gloves, as well as increased wages, bonuses, and benefits.
17. Facebook is hiring 10,000 employees to help with content.
In an effort to curb the spread of misinformation during COVID-19 and the 2020 election, Facebook is ramping up hiring, looking to get 10,000 new employees to improve content on the platform.
18. Costco is hiring for positions nationwide.
Costco has also been hit with increasing demands from consumers, with some locations reporting thousands of people waiting outside each morning before stores even open. The company’s hiring several positions at the moment, including warehouse workers.
19. Rite Aid plans to hire 5,000 front-line workers.
Rite Aid plans to hire 5,000 employees for their 2,500 locations to meet COVID-19 demands. The 5,000 positions will include cashiers, pharmacist, janitorial staff, and more.
20. Tractor Supply Company is hiring more than 5,000 employees.
Tractor Supply Company is hiring for new roles providing backup for existing positions. Tractor Supply company hopes to focus on increasing safety and customer service in its stores while providing employee safety.
21. Whole Foods is hiring nearly 600 associates for at least $15 an hour.
22. Albertsons is hiring for about 1,700 jobs across their stores.
Albertsons owns Safeway, Vons, United Supermarkets, and a bunch more, and they’re hiring for delivery drivers, cashiers, gas station attendants, customer service representatives, and lots more. You can search by location or job, and the search applies to all the company’s stores.
23. ALDI is constantly expanding their staff.
In addition to giving current employees temporary raise increases, Aldi is also hiring temporary store and warehouse positions. The company already had massive expansion plans before the coronavirus, expecting to become the third-largest grocery store by 2022.
24. Nestle is continuing to hire thousands of employees across their businesses.
Nestle is a worldwide operation, and is continuing to hire thousands of jobs across their brand as part of their COVID response. In the U.S., there are currently about 700 jobs listed nationwide for positions within their factories, distribution centers, retail sales teams, and more.
25. Pepsi wants 6,000 new people on their team.
PepsiCo has donated millions of dollars worldwide as part of their COVID response and also plans to hire 6,000 new, full-time, full-benefit frontline employees across the U.S. to meet increased demand for its products. Pepsi is hiring for delivery drivers, engineers, sales, finance, communications, and more. They’re also promising increased wages and benefits for existing employees.
26. UPS is hiring more than 1,600 positions nationwide.
It may also be worth checking your local FedEx location, with the company hiring for positions such as package handlers, operations managers, and warehouse workers.
27. Your regional grocery store chain is hiring, most likely.
Places like Raley’s in Northern California are hiring for a number of positions, from clerks to stockers to pharmacy techs. Chances are, your regional grocery chain is hiring, too, to meet customer demand.
Texas grocery store H-E-B has part-time and full-time employment opportunities in their warehouse, manufacturing, and transportation departments. In addition, H-E-B is also looking to fill short term positions to handle the influx of in-store traffic.
28. 7-Eleven is hiring 20,000 employees; other convenience stores are staffing up, too.
7-Eleven announced they will be adding 20,000 new store employees. These positions will fulfill the growing in store needs, as well as meet the increased demand of delivery orders through their 7NOW app.
Sheetz, which operates 600 stores in the Northeast, announced that in addition to giving current employees a $3/hour raise, they’re adding 1,300 new jobs in transportation, distribution, store employees, and more.
29. Bellhop moving company is hiring movers with flexible scheduling.
Bellhop is based out of Chattanooga, TN but they’re hiring movers nationwide — for up to $21 per hour! When you become a mover with Bellhop, you set your own schedule and Bellhop will match your availability with jobs in your area.
30. Companies are hiring more than a million cleaners.
31. Tech companies that let you have your online meetings are hiring.
Zoom is hiring for a large number of different openings , Slack is hiring 220 positions, and Microsoft is hiring for over 3,000 jobs right now (although most are located in Washington).
32. Healthcare organizations are hiring — big-time.
33. Citizens Bank and Wells Fargo are hiring and offering remote work options.
Both banks have made changes to their hiring processes and interviews will be done virtually during the COVID pandemic. Positions vary and include private mortgage banker roles, customer service, copywriting, engineering, and more.
34. Online education companies are hiring for a bunch of roles.
As schools have closed and students are at home, there’s been a lot of renewed interest in online education. Online primary school K12.com has 283 positions for teachers and support staff, and its competitor Connections Academy has 253 jobs live.
A search for online education on Indeed.com generates nearly 168,000 jobs. These are almost all remote-friendly, and vary greatly — from teaching English to Chinese students to being a graphic design instructor. Support jobs abound, too.
Some helpful links: