Disney knows we miss them. And to help soothe the pain while we’re kept apart, they’ve opened up their theme park recipe books and given us some of their best comfort food.
If you want to eat like you’re back at Toy Story Land, strap on an apron and make this recently released Woody’s Lunchbox Grilled Cheese recipe.
You’ll need 9 ingredients for this grilled cheese recipe.
That’s 3x as many as the Dole Whip recipe, but trust me, it’ll be worth it. You’ll have to create two different spreads for the sandwich. This recipe makes 4 sandwiches.
For the cream cheese spread, get out the blender or food processor.
Combine the following ingredients, blending until smooth:
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
For the garlic spread, stir ingredients in a small bowl.
Those ingredients include:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
Now, get out the bread and cheese and put it all together.
You’ll need 8 slices of artisan bread, 8 slices of cheddar cheese and 8 slices of provolone cheese. Then:
- Put out your bread slices on parchment paper or a large cutting board
- Place 2 slices of cheddar cheese on 4 of the bread slices, and 2 slices of provolone on the other 4 slices
- Smooth a spoonful of the cream cheese spread on the slices with provolone
- Press a cheddar slice and provolone slice together (repeat 4x)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown