The beautiful thing about shopping at Target? There are multiple ways to stack coupons and discounts for krazy-awesome savings. It’s a couponer’s dream store! Do these 17 things on your next Target shopping trip and relish the savings:
1. Use a manufacturer coupon and a store coupon on one item.
Target’s coupon policy lets you use both one manufacturer and one store coupon on a single item! Check out our Target page and we’ll show you exactly how to score the best deals by stacking discounts—free printable coupons included!
2. Use Circle offers inside the Target app and save up to 75% — without clipping a single coupon!
Circle offers live inside the Target app and all you have to do is “add” the Circle offer you want by tapping it and then scan your phone at the checkout.
Here are just a couple examples of Circle grocery offers:
- 30% off Stevia in the Raw Organic
- 25% off Krusteaz pancake mix
- 20% Justin’s Nut Butter jars
- 20% Panko bread crumbs
- 15% off Pacific soups
- 10% off Breyers ice cream
3. Stack multiple rebate-app offers on top of coupons and other discounts.
Who says you only get to use one rebate app per receipt? If you see the same offer on Ibotta and Checkout 51, you can redeem them both, so keep your eyes peeled. These two work similarly — take a photo of your receipt showing you purchased the qualified item(s) on all of them. Or scan the QR code on your receipt at some stores.
TIP: If you don’t have a smart phone, don’t worry. You can use Checkout 51 on any device—computer, tablet, or phone.
4. Know the clearance markdown schedule.
Go the first day items in each department are marked down for the best selection!
- Monday: Electronics, Kids’ Clothing and Stationery
- Tuesday: Domestics, Women’s Clothing, Pets and Market
- Wednesday: Men’s Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn and Garden items
- Thursday: Home goods, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor and Luggage
- Friday: Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, & Jewelry
5. Check how much you’re actually saving by decoding clearance tags.
Look in the top right corner of clearance tags to see how much you’re truly saving on clearance items. The number you see is the percentage off a product’s original price. Learn all of Target’s clearance secrets.
6. Don’t fall for “2 for $4” deals; you only need to buy one to get the sale price.
7. Pay attention to the difference in price cuts.
There are two kinds of price cuts, and they’re both marked with yellow tags. While permanent-price-cut items will retain their lower cost, temporary price cuts won’t and will go back up in price within 14 days. Take advantage of those temporary deals while you can!
8. Save 5% on everything with the free Target REDcard debit card.
For a family spending $200 a month, that’s an extra $10 in your pocket or $120 per year! Additional 5% savings can be stacked with sales, clearance, promotions, Circle offers and manufacturer coupons. You also get 120 days (instead of the regular 90) to make a return as well as free shipping at Target.com. AND since it’s not a credit card, it’s free with no credit check required! Not a bad deal if you shop at Target often.
9. Stay connected with Target’s free in-store Wi-Fi.
Losing signal while you’re browsing through deals in the KCL app is annoying. Connect to their in-store Wi-Fi for free and browse away!
10. Stock up on toys in January, July, and December.
During the holidays, Target will offer daily deals on toys, and let me tell you — they’re incredible savings. Look for extreme discounts in January and July during Target’s semi-annual toy sales as well. To save big throughout the year, stock up for birthday and Christmas presents when prices are low!
11. Price match a product AND use a manufacturer coupon.
Download the Amazon app to make comparing prices easier. It will instantly recognize products based on their packaging. Head to customer service where a Target employee will verify the competitor’s lower price, then use a manufacturer coupon on top of that!
TIP: Target store coupons and Circle offers can’t be used when you price match.
12. Item out of stock? Get a rain check!
Spare the disappointment in finding an empty shelf or item all out of stock. Take a photo of the shelf tag and head to customer service, instead. You’ll be issued a rain check for the sale price that day, which will be good for the next 45 days.
Note: Some Target stores don’t offer rain checks, please be sure to call your local Target ahead of time to check.
13. Use coupons and Circle offers on BOGO promotions.
14. Get 5% off and free shipping on everyday items when you have them delivered on a set schedule every month.
15. Stack coupons with gift card promotions.
Gift card promos + manufacturer coupons + Circle offers + rebate app offers + 5% off with REDcard = HUGE SAVINGS.
You can purchase more than one item eligible for a gift card promotion in a single transaction. Or, you can roll transactions and use the gift card you received for one set of products to pay for another set of products also eligible for a gift card.
16. Bring in a reusable bag and get 5 cents off your total.
Note: Individual Target stores have the right to refuse and limit coupons. Please keep this in mind if you’re visiting a new store!