We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Amazon Wish List is like your own personal elf. Remember kids drawing up their wish lists and mailing them to friends and family? While those days don’t have to be over, having a list on Amazon makes it easier. The fun part is that anyone can make a wish list for any celebration. Getting married? Make a list. Having a baby? Make a list. Need to share ideas with family for a birthday party or the holidays? Definitely make a list.
The wish list makes it easy to share what gifts you (or your kids) want and mark them off when someone else buys them. You can make your gift list in a snap with ideas from the Amazon Toy Catalog.
Ready to learn all the ins and outs of the Amazon Wish List and how to use it to your advantage this holiday season? Let’s dive right in.
To get the best Amazon deals sent right to your phone, text AMAZON to 57299 on your mobile device.
1. What is Amazon Wish List?
Amazon Wish List is like a virtual shopping list or gift registry which you can create for any occasion. You can build a list for a wedding, new baby, child’s birthday, winter holidays…the sky’s the limit.
Building a registry on Amazon will certainly make gift-giving easier, but it has other great benefits, too. When you create a wish list, Amazon gives you an extended return period and also the ability to keep track of who bought what gift and when. This makes it much easier for you to send thank-you notes.
What is the return period for Amazon Wish List gifts?
Returning anything you get from your wish list on Amazon easily. Gifts purchased from your list are eligible for free returns within 90 days of receiving the item. Typically, you only get 30 days from the date of delivery to make an Amazon return.
Will I know who sent me a gift?
Not initially. When you create a wish list, Amazon will hide the sender by default until you look in the “Thank You” section. If you want to spoil your surprises, you can turn this feature off in your wish list settings.
Related: Check out our pro strategies for holiday shopping so you always find the best deals.
2. Are Amazon Wish Lists public?
- Public Lists: Anyone can search for your list.
- Shareable Lists: Only people with the link you provide them will be able to see your list.
- Private: No one can see your list but you.
3. How do I find an Amazon Wish List?
Finding an Amazon Wish list is pretty easy.
Here are the steps to find a wish list in your internet browser:
- Head to the registry & gifting search page.
- Enter the name in the “registrant name” box.
- Narrow down the search by choosing the event type, event location, and date—but it isn’t required.
- Select “Search for a Gift List.”
- Once the search results come up, click on the name to see their list.
How do I find someone’s wish list on the Amazon app?
- Open the Amazon app (iOS / Android).
- Select the three horizontal lines at the bottom right.
- Select “Gifting, Registry & Charity.”
- Click “Registry.”
- Under “Find a registry or gift list,” search for the registrant’s name and the type of registry.
- From there, you’ll receive a search field just like you would on the desktop with the ability to narrow down the search.
- Click on “Search for a Gift List.”
- Once the search results come up, select the name to see their list.
4. How do I make an Amazon Wish List?
Creating your own Amazon Wish List is very easy, whether you use your desktop computer or your phone. And as you shop on Amazon, you can add things to your list using the handy link under the “Buy Now” button (it says “Add to Registry & Gifting”).
5. Use Amazon’s Wish List page to get gift ideas.
Even if the person you’re shopping for didn’t officially make a list, the Wish List area of the site can still help you out. Amazon has a section called “Gift Finder” within the Wish List landing page. With this tool, you can narrow down who you’re shopping for by category or by the person. This feature is available in the browser and in the Amazon app.
Related: We have a list of the best gifts for 2-year olds on Amazon.