Did you think there were no new travel deals towards the end of the year? In past years that’s generally been the situation. This year, however, hotels and travel companies are jumping on the Black Friday band wagon and offering special travel deals that are good just over the Thanksgiving Day weekend. The good news: you can take advantage of these bargains without fighting the crowds and the weather. Below are a few of our favorite Black Friday hotel deals:
- Loews Hotels – This hotel company, with 18 luxury resorts and big-city hotels in North America, is offering 20 percent off of their best rate if you book on Cyber Monday, November 28 between 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. You can travel between November 29, 2011 and March 31, 2012. Visit the Loews Web site on Monday to take advantage of this offer. Loews has hotels in Atlanta, San Diego, Las Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, Orlando and New York City, among other destinations.
- Hilton Sandestin Beach – This beachfront Destin Florida hotel is offering 40 percent off of their best rates for travelers who call them on Friday, November 25 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST). This offer is only good for phone reservations. You must book on Friday and travel between November 26, 2011 and February 29, 2012. To take advantage of this offer, call 800-559-1805 and mention code “BF.”
- Starwood Hotels’ “One Day Wonder” Sale – On Monday, November 29, Starwood Hotels (parent company to Sheraton, Westin and W Hotels) is offering one day only prices of up to 40 percent off of their regular rates for travel January 1 through April 30, 2012. For example, you can get the Westin Diplomat in Ft. Lauderdale for $179 per night, a room that normally goes for $309 in season. Starwood Hotels has set up a special Web site just for this sale. To take advantage of the sale, visit Starwood’s Cyber Monday site. (There’s no information on it yet, but I’m assured that there will be on Monday.) Facebook friends and Twitter followers of Starwood get early access (Sunday from 6 pm.)
- Intercontinental Hotel Group’s Black Friday Twitter Sale – Intercontinental Hotels, whose brands include Holiday Inn, Crowne Plazas and Intercontinental Hotels, is hosting its first ever Black Friday sale on Twitter beginning at 12:01 a.m. November 25. To see what’s offered, you must be on Twitter at the time and follow @IHG_Deals. The sale preview lists one deal of a $50 credit towards any flight if you book a weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) night at any IHG property to stay now until April 30, 2012.
- Sonesta Maho Beach in St. Maarten – Access the Sonesta Web site from 12:01 a.m. on Friday to 11:59 p..m. on Monday, November 29 and get 50 percent off of this beachfront Caribbean resort’s regular rates, for travel January 3 through April 30, 2012. Use code “BF10.”
- Red Roof Hotels Black Friday Sale – This discount hotel chain is offering 15 percent off of its lowest rates for those who book via their Web site between 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 a.m. (just before noon) on Friday, November 25. Use code “608270.”
Remember, just like the deals at Target and Wal-Mart, these offers are first-come, first-serve and may not last very long. Happy Shopping!
Do you know of a Black Friday hotel deal we haven’t listed?