This year, several hotels and travel companies are jumping on the Black Friday band wagon and offering special travel deals that are good just over the Thanksgiving weekend. The good news: You can take advantage of these bargains without fighting the crowds and the weather.
Below are a few of our favorite Black Friday hotel deals:
- Loews Hotels – This hotel company, with 18 luxury resorts and big-city hotels in North America, is offering special Cyber Monday pricing (up to 40% off of their best rate) if you book between 12:01 a.m. on Monday, November 26 and 3:00 a.m. on November 27, 2012 (EST.) You can travel between November 26, 2012 and April 30, 2013. Visit the Loews website on Monday, November 26 to take advantage of this offer. Loews has hotels in Atlanta, San Diego, Las Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, Orlando and New York City, among other destinations.
- Hilton Sandestin Beach – This beachfront hotel in Destin, Florida is offering 30% off of their best rates for travelers who call them on Friday, November 23 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST). This offer is only good for phone reservations. You must book on Friday and stay for at least two nights between now and February 28, 2013. To take advantage of this offer, call 800-559-1805 and mention code “BF.”
- Sonesta Maho Beach in St. Maarten – Access the Sonesta Web site between now and 11:59 p.m. on November 29, 2012 and get 50% off of this beachfront Caribbean resort’s regular all-inclusive rates, for travel December 1, 2012 to December 19, 2013. Some blackoff dates and minimum stay requirements apply, depending on when you travel. Use code “BFSALE.”
- Red Roof Hotels Cyber Monday Sale – This discount hotel chain is offering up to 30% off of its lowest rates for those who book via their website between 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 26. You can travel anytime between November 26 and February 28, 2013. Use code “608270.”
- Expedia.com – Expedia.com is offering up to 50% off their already low hotel rates, plus a different additional offer each day between now and 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 26. Friday’s deal is a $25 cash card per booking in addition to the travel savings.
- Hotels.com – Hotels.com is offering up to 50% off of their already low rates at thousands of hotels around the US and Canada from now until 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 26 (CST.)
- Travelocity – The mega-travel site, Travelocity, is offering travelers up to 50% off of regular prices, plus an additional 10% off during their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Book a hotel and air package by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on November 26, 2012 and travel by March 31, 2013. Use promo code TURKEY10.
- Entertainment Books – Entertainment books are a great gift for someone who likes to eat out, for golfers or for people who attend lots of theater events. They also are helpful to buy for vacation savings. There is a Black Friday deal available through 11:59 p.m. on November 25 for a 30% off discount on all 2013 books (plus free shipping).
- Restaurant.com – Save on dining out for your next vacation (or closer to home). Restaurant.com is offering a Black Friday special to buy $25 gift certificates for just $5, today November 23 until 11:59 p.m. The site’s offers are already heavily discounted so you can get $50 worth of food for just $5. How cool is that? Details of use vary with each restaurant offer; be sure to read the fine print. Use promo code “Gift.”
- BedandBreakfast.com – This Austin-based collection of more than 13,000 bed and breakfast properties around North America is offering a $30 Bed and Breakfast.com gift certificate for every $100 you spend on their site. BandB gift certificates make great holiday gifts, especially for those hard-to-buy-for people on your list. Or, use the site to plan your own holiday getaway. The offer is good through 11:59 p.m. November 28. Use promo code BBCYBER30.
- Frontier Airlines – This Denver-based airline is offering fares as low as $59 each way (including taxes and fees) if you book by 11:59 p.m. EST on November 23 and travel between November 27 and December 19, 2012. To book, visit Frontier’s Web site.
Remember, just like the deals at Target and Wal-Mart, these offers are first-come, first-serve and may not last very long. Happy Shopping!
Do you know of a Black Friday/Cyber Monday travel deal that we missed?