Big cities and sunny destinations could be on your weekend schedule. The bonus? You can probably afford it! A number of U.S. airlines are offering last-minute airfare specials beginning Tuesdays for travel during the upcoming weekend. Most fares are non-refundable and must be purchased immediately. However, these special last-minute, Internet-only deals offer significant savings!
This week’s deals:
United Airlines: Dozens of Internet specials this week, mostly to or from their hubs in Houston, Newark, Chicago, Cleveland and Denver. Purchase before midnight on Friday, June 8, for departures after 7 p.m. that day and through June 9. Return flights are Monday, June 11 or Tuesday, June 12. Taxes and airport fees are additional. A few samples:
- Atlanta to Houston – $221
- Chicago to Newark – $221
- Chicago to Winnipeg – $296
- Cleveland to New York/LaGuardia – $161
- Denver to Dallas – $221
- Newark to Orlando – $271
- San Diego to San Francisco – $161
US Airways: No special fares this week.
Delta Airlines: No special fares this week.
American Airlines: Offers special fares for this and next weekend. Purchase tickets before midnight on Friday, June 8, for travel after 7 p.m. that day through June 9. Return travel is June 11 or June 12. Departures the following weekend are limited to June 15 after 7 p.m. and June 16. Return travel is June 18 or June 19. Travel the following weekend is limited to departures on June 15 after 7 PM or anytime June 16 with return travel on June 18 or June 19.
- Charlotte to Miami – $220
- Tallahassee to Miami – $154
- Chicago to Huntsville, AL – $190
- Newark to Los Angeles – $310
- Hartford, CT to Dallas – $262
- St. Louis to New York/LaGuardia – $216
- Chicago to Tulsa – $236
- New York/LaGuardia to Charlotte – $148
- Philadelphia to Miami – $244
- Miami to Tallahassee – $154
There are limited seats for Internet-only deals and they may sell out quickly. Read the fine print before buying, but purchase tickets quickly if you hope to get a seat.