Many of the largest airlines in the United States offer weekly, online-only fares, perfect for quick weekend getaways.
For travel novices, these Internet deals are last-minute airfare specials offered each Tuesday for travel on the upcoming weekend. Most fares are non-refundable and must be purchased immediately, but these specials often represent significant savings over advance purchase fares.
United Airlines — There are dozens of Internet specials this week, mostly to or from their hubs in Houston, Newark, Chicago, Cleveland and Denver. Purchase before 11:59 p.m. (EDT) December 14. Departures after 7 p.m. on December 14 or anytime December 15 and return on Monday, December 17 or Tuesday, December 18. Taxes and airport fees are additional. This week's fares include:
- Chicago to New Orleans – $271
- Chicago to White Plains, NY – $221
- Cleveland to Washington, DC – $161
- Houston to Tampa – $270
- San Francisco to Las Vegas – $161
US Airways — Purchase E-saver fares by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on December 15 for travel departing December 15 and returning December 16-18. Taxes and fees are additional. The best round-trip fares:
- San Francisco to Phoenix – $260
- Charlotte to Fort Lauderdale – $250
- Detroit to Washington DC – $250
- Louisville, KY to Washington DC – $250
- St. Louis to Pittsburgh – $220
Delta Airlines Web Deals — Purchase Delta Web deals by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on December 15 for travel departing anytime December 15 and returning on December 17 or December 18. Highlights include:
- Atlanta to Providence, RI – $240
- Atlanta to Panama City, FL – $160
- Detroit to Ft. Myers, FL – $240
- Newark to Minneapolis – $240
American Airlines Net Fares — There are no NetSaver Fares for this week.
Remember there are a limited number of seats available for these airfares and they may sell out at any time. Read the fine print before you purchase.
Have you picked up any of these great airfare specials? Tell us about it in the comments.