1. S hooks are perfect for hanging jeans.
2. An old wine rack works well as a clutch holder.
3. Curtain rods on the inside of closet doors are great for keeping scarves and gloves neat.
4. A soda can tab slipped over a hanger’s hook can double closet space.
Pull the tab off of a beverage can, place it over one of your hangers, hang a second hanger from the tab, and voila! You’ve just created more room in your closet!
5. Magazine holders can also hold flip-flops.
6. A sweater won’t fall off a hanger or get weird hanger bumps when you fold it over like this.
First, take your sweater and fold it in half lengthwise. Place the hook of the hanger near the the armpit of your sweater.
Then, fold the sleeves and the bottom half over the hanger.
7. A tiered metal rack can be used to hold accessories.
Wire shelf organizers (frequently found in kitchenwares), also work well in closets.
8. S hooks also work well for hanging purses and umbrellas.
9. A clothes hanger can keep multiple scarves neat.
10. Pool noodles cut in half can help tall boots keep their shape.
11. Different colored hangers can be used to organize seasonal clothing.
12. Tension rods can be used as a shoe rack.
13. Cloth napkins with a hole cut in the middle for hangers will protect clothing from dust.
14. Wine boxes can easily hold tennis shoes and flip flops.
15. Hot glue on a hanger will prevent clothes from slipping off.
Pipe cleaners and rubber bands wrapped around a hanger’s edges also work well!
16. Pant hangers can help floppy boots stay upright and off the floor.
Related: 16 Best Laundry Hacks of All Time