1. Keep lotion and creams in the fridge.
When temps are high, refrigerated lotion feels exceptionally nice on your feet.
2. Make sure ceiling fans are rotating in a counterclockwise direction.
This will create a cool, downward airflow. In winter, change directions so the warm air that rises to your ceiling can circulate back down.
3. Cool drinks fast by wrapping a wet towel around a beverage and sticking it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Eat spicy food to increase perspiration, which also helps you cool down.
Ever wonder why the spiciest foods come from some of the hottest countries? It’s because eating such zesty refreshments cools you down.
5. Store beverage glasses and cups in the freezer.
Get an ice-cold beverage instantly.
6. Apply deodorant on your feet to prevent blisters and smelly, sweaty feet.
7. Make ice cream sandwiches the easy way.
8. Save ice cream from freezer burn and keep it soft by placing the container in a freezer Ziploc bag.
9. Catch Popsicle drips with a cupcake liner.
10. Fill a water bottle halfway, and lay it on its side before sticking it in the freezer.
When you’re ready for it, fill the rest of the bottle up with water for instant iced water.
11. Make the air smell fresh every time the A/C kicks on with a few drops of essential oil on your air filter.
12. No A/C? Set up a standing fan next to a bowl of ice, and have the fan blow air directly on it.
Standing a fan in front of frozen water bottles works just as well too.
13. Clip a car air freshener to your fan or vent to refresh a sweaty room quickly.
14. Freeze bedsheets and pillowcases.
Pull sheets out of the freezer right before bed and sleep comfortably.
15. Make a cooling body mist with green tea.
Brew 1-2 bags of green tea in cold water for 1-2 hours. Pour the tea into a spray bottle and keep refrigerated when not in use.
Green tea is an antioxidant, so not only will it do wonders for your skin, but the cold tea will keep you cool and refreshed.
16. Freeze aloe vera gel in ice cube trays for extra cooling when you’re sunburned.
17. Insert a plastic spoon into yogurt cups and freeze for easy yogurt pops.
18. Freeze coffee in ice cube trays for iced coffee that doesn’t get watered down.
19. Fill a sock with rice and freeze for two hours. Then, place it between bedsheets to stay cool while sleeping.
20. Freeze jeans and clothing for instant cooling as soon as they’re put on.
Not only will your jeans be cool to the touch, the low temperature in your freezer will kill any odors or bacteria.
21. Sprinkle baking soda in sweaty shoes to keep them smelling fresh.
Just as baking soda absorbs odors in your fridge, it’ll help absorb smells in sweaty shoes.
22. Put a dryer sheet over an air vent for fresh-smelling, cool air.
23. Remind yourself to drink more water by using a permanent marker on a jug or container.