As soon as September rolls around, my taste buds start yearning for the pumpkin and spice flavors of fall. The work involved in baking an entire pie is not something I particularly look forward to, however. That’s why these irresistible pumpkin pie cupcakes are a great alternative. They’re easy to make, don’t require a complicated crust, and are rich in autumn deliciousness.
Irresistible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup evaporated milk
2/3 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with silicone liners, foil liners sprayed with cooking spray (paper liners make it difficult to remove the cooked cupcakes), or just spray the cups with nonstick cooking spray. Any of these three methods will make it easy to take the cupcake out after it’s cooked.
- Mix the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and milk in a large bowl. Add the flour, pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda to the mixture and stir until all ingredients incorporated.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup of the mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top.
Makes 12 cupcakes