- 2 parts water
- 1 part hydrogen peroxide
- 1 part baking or washing soda
- Opaque container for storage
- Peroxide begins to break down when it’s exposed to light, which is why it’s sold in those brown containers. So find an opaque container to store your stain remover in. I used an old water bottle—the spout works well for applying the liquid to stains. With a spray bottle, the baking soda tends to clog up the nozzle. Another great storage option would be a saline solution bottle.
- Peroxide and soda both work well at breaking through stains and can be used on colors or whites.
- Mix all your ingredients together and store in your container.
- The soda will settle to the bottom of the container so shake it up before each use.