Update: The Amazon and Whole Foods merger happened a few years ago, but if you’re looking for awesome and up-to-date Whole Foods information, check out Ways to Save Money Shopping at Whole Foods.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Amazon + Whole Foods merger:
1. When will these Whole Food + Amazon Prime perks be available?
When the news broke earlier this year, Whole Foods slashed select items in stores immediately for everyone, but the extra perks for Prime members took longer than expected to roll out.
Now, Amazon has (finally) confirmed the perks will be available nationwide on Wednesday June 27, 2018.
Check out Prime Savings to learn more.
2. What discounts can you expect to find?
All Prime members who shop at Whole Foods locations will get an extra 10% off sale items as well as other exclusive offers and deep discounts on select popular products that’ll vary week to week.
Starting Wednesday, all Prime members will enjoy exclusive savings on products, including:
- Baby back pork ribs, animal welfare rated and no antibiotics: $4.99/lb; save $5/lb.
- Sockeye salmon, wild caught Marine Stewardship Council-certified: $13.99/lb.; save $6/lb.
- Organic red cherries: $3.99/lb.; save $2/lb.
- Organic yellow peaches: $1.99/lb.; save $2/lb.
- Bulk items (like nuts, granola, dried fruit and more): 25% off
- Plus an additional 10% off hundreds of sale items throughout the store
3. What should you look for when shopping in the store?
When shopping in the store, yellow sale signs indicate Amazon Prime members will get an extra 10% off sale items.
The other discount to look for is blue signs indicating special pricing exclusive for Prime members (that otherwise wouldn’t be on sale) that say, Member Deal.
4. Is there anything that won’t go on sale?
While alcohol is excluded from the extra 10% off sale, we haven’t noticed any special pricing exclusive to Prime members.
We will keep a close eye and report any changes.
5. What do I need to do to save money at Whole Foods?
Then at checkout, you’ll have a Prime Code via the Whole Foods app for the cashier to scan.
Or, use your mobile number at checkout as long as it’s the same one on your Prime account. You can update settings here.
6. Any other perks and benefits for Prime members?
Prime members will receive exclusive savings when they get groceries from Whole Foods delivered from Prime Now.
Both Prime member savings and Prime Now grocery delivery are available in Austin, Dallas, Denver, Sacramento and San Francisco. Prime Now offers free two-hour delivery on orders over $35.
This feature will continue expanding through 2018.
And if you pay with an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa, you’ll get 5% cash back at Whole Foods.