Want to save money when you use Ibotta with Walmart grocery pickup? You can lock in savings in two main ways. The first way is by using the Ibotta app to get rebates on items in your Walmart grocery pickup order. Using Ibotta with Walmart grocery pickup is a super easy, passive way to save more money. Once you set it up, you barely have to do a thing and won’t even have to scan a receipt.
The other way to save applies to Walmart Plus members only. If you’re a member, you can opt to receive Walmart rewards instead of Ibotta rebates. When you do this, you won’t be able to get Ibotta credit. For example, if you try adding the same product offer to your Walmart account and to Ibotta, the rebate will only go to your Walmart account.
But if you’re not a Walmart Plus member or prefer your rebates to go to Ibotta only, we have all the details you’ll need to be raking in the cash.
1. First, link your Walmart and Ibotta accounts from the Ibotta app.
- Open the Ibotta app and search “Walmart”
- When it asks “How do you want to shop at Walmart?”, select “Online,” then “Link Walmart account.”
- Sign in with your Walmart account or create a new one to finish linking your account.
After that, you’re set to start earning cash back on your next Walmart grocery order.
2. Add Ibotta rebate deals before you place an order for grocery pickup or delivery.
After you link your Walmart account to your Ibotta app, you can add rebate deals before shopping. Just open the Ibotta app, search “Walmart,” and select “Online.” From there, you’ll see all the rebates eligible for Walmart online orders.
TIP: Only rebate deals in Ibotta’s “Walmart Online” section will apply to your grocery order, meaning in-store Ibotta offers for Walmart won’t apply.
3. Shop through the Walmart app or online to get your rebates.
Once you’ve linked your Walmart and Ibotta accounts and added your Ibotta rebates, all you have to do is place your order. Do your grocery shopping through the Walmart app or the Walmart website, and you’ll see the rebates pop up within 24 hours after checkout.
4. Shop directly from the Ibotta app.
You also have the option to place your pickup order through the Ibotta app. Just search for “Walmart,” select online, then click “Shop Walmart Online” at the bottom. When you click that, it’ll ask you if you’re done adding offers. If so, click the button that says, “Yes, shop Walmart Online.” This won’t open the Walmart app on your phone but a browser within the Ibotta app.
While you’re shopping, you can double-check the rebates you’ve added by tapping the “ib offers” button on the bottom right.
5. Didn’t get all your rebates? You’ve got options.
You can still get credit if you forgot to add an offer before shopping or noticed you didn’t get credit for all your rebates! Here are a few options:
- Submit a ticket with Ibotta customer service including a screenshot of your digital receipt from your Walmart account’s email.
- Send a screenshot of your digital receipt to Ibotta’s Facebook page.
Ibotta recommends getting in contact if you haven’t seen rebates added after 72 hours.
Related: Here’s your ultimate guide to all the best rebate and cash-back apps.
6. Use a promo code for $10 off if it’s your first Walmart Grocery Pickup order.
To save a little extra on your first Walmart grocery pickup order, use one of these current promo codes at checkout:
- TRIPLE10 to save $10 on first $50 order
- WOWFRESH to save $10 on first $50 order
- PAYPAL10 to save $10 on first $50 order when you checkout using PayPal
The only bummer is that since both promos are for your first order, you won’t be able to use one after the other.
Walmart Grocery Pickup With Ibotta FAQ
Can I still upload a picture of my Walmart Grocery receipt to Ibotta?
Unfortunately, no. Once you link your Walmart and Ibotta accounts, you no longer have the option to upload receipts. Plus, Walmart Grocery Pickup & Delivery only sends you a digital receipt.
Can I still get rebates on substituted items?
No. If anything’s been substituted on your order, it won’t qualify for the Ibotta rebate.
Is it possible to link to numerous Walmart accounts?
Nope. Only one Walmart account can link to one Ibotta account.
Does Ibotta have a welcome bonus?
Yes! Here are some simple ways to get $20 added to your account:
- $10 for any in-store offer redemption outside of “Any Brand” and “Any Item” offers. (Not available with Walmart Pickup & Delivery.)
- Redeem a mobile offer for $5 back.
- Get a second $5 for mobile or in-store shopping offers.
To be eligible, you must be a new user and redeem your bonus offers within the first 30 days.
Does Ibotta have a referral bonus?
Yup. To add a little more to your account, open the Ibotta app, tap your account, and select “Invite Friends.” From there, you can send an invite directly from the app.
As long as they use that link to sign up and submit their first rebate, you’ll have an extra $10 in your account. There’s no limit to how many referrals you can get, so don’t be shy!
Do I need a certain amount in my Ibotta account before I can withdraw?
You need at least $20 in your Ibotta account before you can make a withdrawal. You can get money back through Paypal or Venmo or opt for a gift card from stores like Amazon, Best Buy, or Starbucks.
How many Ibotta rebates did you take advantage of on your most recent Walmart grocery pickup order? Make sure to drop a comment below!