Using Ibotta with Walmart grocery pickup is a super easy, passive way to save more money. Once you set it up, you barely have to do a thing, and won’t even have to scan a receipt. (If you haven’t used it before, Ibotta is a great app for seeking out cash-back rebates from certain stores and brands.)
Thanks to some updates, using Walmart grocery pickup with Ibotta is easier than ever. Let’s take a look at everything you need to know.
1. Link your Walmart and Ibotta accounts from the Ibotta app.
- Open up the Ibotta app and select the “Grocery pickup & delivery” section under “Shop by category.”
- Select “Shop Walmart Pickup & Delivery” and tap “Link Walmart Pickup & Delivery account.”
- Sign in with your Walmart account or create a new one to finish linking your account.
After that, you’re set to start earning cash back on your next Walmart grocery order.
2. Add Ibotta rebate deals before you shop for grocery pickup or delivery.
Then, start adding rebate deals from the app before you shop. Just open the Ibotta app, select “Grocery Pickup & Delivery,” then “Walmart Pickup & Delivery,” and tap the plus sign next to any offer you want to take advantage of.
PRO TIP: Only rebate deals under the Walmart Pickup & Delivery section will apply to your pickup order, meaning in-store Walmart rebates won’t apply.
3. Shop through the Walmart app or online to get your rebates.
After you’ve linked your Walmart and Ibotta accounts and added your Ibotta rebates, all you have to do is place your order. Do your grocery shopping through the Walmart app or the Walmart website and you’ll see the rebates pop up within 24 hours after checkout.
4. Or shop directly from the Ibotta app.
You also have the option to place your pickup order through the Ibotta app. Just scroll to the top of the Walmart Pickup & Delivery section of Ibotta once you’re done adding rebates and tap “Shop Walmart Pickup & Delivery.”
While you’re shopping, you can double-check the rebates you’ve added by tapping the “ib offers” button on the bottom right.
5. Didn’t get all your rebates? You’ve got options.
If you forgot to add an offer before shopping or noticed you didn’t get credit for all your rebates, you can still get credit! Here are a few options:
- Submit a ticket with Ibotta customer service including a screenshot of your digital receipt from your Walmart account’s email.
- Send a screenshot of your digital receipt to Ibotta’s Facebook page.
Ibotta recommends getting in contact if you haven’t seen rebates added after 72 hours.
6. Use a promo code for $10 off if it’s your first Walmart Grocery Pickup order.
To save a little extra on your first Walmart grocery pickup order, use one of these current promo codes at checkout:
Use code WOWFRESH to save $10 on first $50 order
Use code SAVETIME to save $10 on first $50 order
The only bummer is, since both promos are for your very first order, you won’t be able to use one after the other.
7. Ibotta rebates can now be applied directly to your Walmart account.
Walmart has announced a new aspect to their partnership with Ibotta, which will apply rebates directly to your Walmart account. This means you can use your rebate cash easily on things like Walmart.com purchases, a Walmart + membership, and Walmart grocery delivery.
Walmart Grocery Pickup with Ibotta FAQ
Can I still upload a picture of my Walmart Grocery receipt to Ibotta?
Unfortunately, no. Once you link your Walmart and Ibotta accounts, you no longer have the option to upload receipts. Plus, Walmart Grocery Pickup & Delivery only sends you a digital receipt.
Can I still get rebates on substituted items?
No. If anything’s been substituted on your order, it won’t qualify for the Ibotta rebate.
Is it possible to link to numerous Walmart accounts?
Nope. Only one Walmart account can link to one Ibotta account.
Does Ibotta have a welcome bonus?
Yes! Here are some simple ways to get $20 added to your account:
- $10 for any in-store offer redemption outside of “Any Brand” and “Any Item” offers. (Not available with Walmart Pickup & Delivery.)
- Redeem a mobile offer for $5 back.
- Get a second $5 for mobile or in-store shopping offers.
To be eligible, you must be a new user and redeem your bonus offers within the first 30 days.
Does Ibotta have a referral bonus?
Yup. To add a little more to your account, open the Ibotta app, tap your account, and select “Invite Friends.” From there, you can send an invite directly from the app.
As long as they use that link to sign up and submit their first rebate, you’ll have an extra $10 in your account. There’s no limit to how many referrals you can get, so don’t be shy!
Do I need a certain amount in my Ibotta account before I can withdraw?
You need at least $20 in your Ibotta account before you can make a withdrawal. You can get money back through Paypal or Venmo or opt for a gift card from stores like Amazon, Best Buy, or Starbucks.
How many Ibotta rebates did you take advantage of on your most recent Walmart grocery pickup order? Make sure to drop a comment below!