CVS ExtraBucks are basically money you earn in every transaction towards a future transaction at CVS.
Not sure how to use them? Well, read this and then head to your nearest CVS store to save some serious cash.
1. Sign up for the ExtraCare card and you’ll get 2% back in ExtraBucks on every transaction.
Sign up for an ExtraCare card online or in store. Bring your card or enter the phone number associated with it at the register.
You’ll get the 2% reward quarterly, but you’ll need to earn at least $1 per quarter in order to redeem your reward — so plan to spend at least $50.00 every quarter.
2. You also get personalized coupons just for scanning your ExtraCare card when you shop.
CVS tracks your purchases so they can reward you with coupons you’re most likely to use. I got a reward for $1.00 off a Lindt or Ghirardelli chocolate purchase just based on what I already buy.
3. Add manufacturer coupons directly to your ExtraCare card.
Log on to your CVS account, and load any manufacturer coupons you’re interested in directly to your card.
You can also clip them the old fashioned way, but remember — you can only use one manufacturer coupon per qualifying item.
Stack them with sales and ExtraBucks to maximize your savings.
4. Get the most from your ExtraBucks by rolling them from one transaction to the next.
ExtraBucks usually expire within 30 days, so you’ll want to use them quickly.
You’ll also want to be strategic about how you earn and spend them. Divide your transaction into two, and buy the items you’ll earn the most ExtraBucks with first.
Then you can immediately turn around and use those ExtraBucks to pay for the next transaction. AND you’ll earn more ExtraBucks even though you’re paying with them, too. Free. Money.
5. Get $3.00 in ExtraBucks when you join Beauty Club and spend $30.00 on select beauty purchases.
Once you sign up for the Beauty Club, you’ll start earning $3.00 in ExtraBucks for every $30.00 you spend on beauty products, including cosmetics, body wash, face wash and shampoo.
You can reach the $30.00 threshold over multiple shopping trips, and you accumulate rewards before factoring in coupons.
You’ll also get a free birthday gift, a welcome gift, free samples, exclusive beauty product discounts and more.
6. Join ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards to earn $5.00 in ExtraBucks when you reach 10 credits.
Every transaction earns you a specific number of credits.
- Fill a prescription = 1 credit
- Fill a 90 day prescription = 3 credits
- Create a CVS.com account & link a prescription = 3 credits
- Sign up for pharmacy text alerts = 1 credit
- Sign up for email reminders = 1 credit
- Get a flu shot at CVS = 1 credit
TIP: Sign up your entire family on one card (including your pets!) and you can each earn up to $50.00 in ECBs a year.
7. Earn $3.00 in ExtraBucks just for linking your email.
Once you set up your CVS account and link your email, you’ll earn $3.00 in ExtraBucks.
You’ll also get inbox-only deals and coupons.
8. Make sure to check your online account for your ExtraBucks.
Click the ExtraCare link once you’re on the CVS website and logged in. Some ExtraBucks have to be manually loaded onto your card (or printed).
For instance, I earned the $3.00 in ExtraBucks for signing up for emails, but I had to manually load that reward to my card.
9. Use a combo of ExtraBucks, coupons, sales and rebates to get free products — or even make money.
Check out this possible scenario:
Buy 2 Garnier Whole Blends Hair Care $3.50 each, when you buy 2, sale price
Buy 2, receive $2.00 in ExtraBucks
Use one $3.00/2 – Garnier Whole Blends Hair Care CVS store coupon
And submit one $1.00/2 – Garnier Whole Blends, via rebate app (ibotta.com)
Total: $4.00, receive $2.00 in ExtraBucks and submit for $1.00 in Ibotta credit
Final Price: $0.50 each, when you buy 2
Tip: The only way to make money is by getting a free item, then using a rebate. CVS won’t give you money back if your coupon value is more than your purchase price.
10. Don’t spend more than you have to — 98% of the ExtraBucks promotion amount will get you the full reward.
If you see an offer that says, “Get $5 in ExtraBucks when you spend $20” — you only have to spend $19.60, or 98% of $20 to earn the $5 reward.