Heather & Joanie on stockpiling savings
Joanie & Heather have created a video series to introduce stockpiling to newbies and experienced couponers alike. I've watched it four times already, and each time I watch it, I learn something new.
- Watch this month's video: "Couponing: What's On Sale in September!"
Stockpile these items
The categories are in bold and the items that follow are just intended as examples—use them as your guide as you coupon, save, and stockpile.
- Back-to-school items (sales will continue through Labor Day!): Pens, pencils, paper (filler and printing), backpacks, erasers, folders, binders, dividers.
- Labor Day "fun": Restaurant deals, movie theater perks (such as free popcorn, soda, and concession candy/snacks), shoes and apparel, weekend travel or park passes, party supplies and snacks.
- Items related to diabetes awareness: Glucose meters, Glucerna cereal, diabetic care, socks, test strips, sugar-free products, vitamins, weight scales.
- Kids health items (it’s National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month): Healthy foods for kids, prepackaged kids health lunches and snacks, lunch boxes, kids first aid supplies.
- Fresh seasonal produce (it’s Better Health Foundation's National Fruits & Veggies Month): Apples, artichokes, beans, cucumbers, eggplant, grapes, onions, pears (Asian & Bartlett), peppers (bell and chili), squash, tomatillo, tomatoes.
- Summer clearance items: Camping gear, gardening supplies, bug spray, fans & air conditioners, BBQ supplies including grills, charcoal and lighters/lighter fluid.
- College savings (it’s College Savings Month): College supplies, incentives to open 529 savings plans, incentives to open college savings accounts (for parents and students).
Don’t buy these items…yet
October brings a fresh long list of stockpiling savings—so don't be tempted by any of the items below this month. Instead, wait 30 days and watch their prices drop!
- Halloween: Candy, costumes and accessories.
- Baking sales (sales will start in mid-October and continue through to late December): Canned pumpkin, evaporated milk, baking chips, pie crust (both mix and ready-made frozen).
- National Seafood Month: Fish, shrimp, lobster, crab.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Promotions and deals featuring participating "pink" products.
- Adopt a Shelter-Dog Month: Wet & dry dog food, dog toys & chews.
- Fresh seasonal produce: Apples, artichokes, arugula, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, chard, cranberries, parsnip, pears, pomegranates, potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, winter squash, turnips, yams.
Curious about upcoming stockpile savings?
If you just can't wait to see what savings the future holds for your growing stockpile, you will love this post by Joanie & Heather!