I got 99 back-to-school problems, but what to pack in lunches isn't one. Let me drop a little truth bomb here: your school lunch game has got to be strong if you expect your kids not to revolt. Don't believe me? Try passing a carrot off as a lunchtime treat and see what happens.
That's where Amazon Subscribe & Save comes in handy. My grocery list is delivered to my door every month, and I don't even have to think about it. Plus, if you know what to look for, you can save money over buying things at the store. Ever since I discovered the magic of Amazon Subscribe & Save, every lunch I pack is on point (and on budget).
1. Automatically save 5% when you subscribe to an item on Amazon.
Here's how it works:
- Pick an item (aka subscriptions) to subscribe to.
- Select how many you want.
- Set your delivery frequency.
- Choose a start day.
- Click "subscribe now."
- Get your family’s favorite items delivered for free.
2. Get 15% off your entire order when you have 5 or more subscriptions.
And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, you can save 15% on your entire order when you have 5 or more subscriptions.
3. Use online coupons on top of already discounted prices.
With Subscribe & Save, a 5% discount is given on Amazon and Amazon Marketplace's already low prices. In addition to this, there are also online coupons available on select Subscribe & Save items (most of these coupons can only be used on your first delivery). I’m all about stacking savings, so this is awesome!
4. Find your family’s favorite brands for cheap without coupons.
If you throw the common lunch items below in your delivery, you'll consistently pay less than you would be if you bought them off the grocery store shelf. And did I mention they get delivered to your door?
- IZZE Fortified Sparkling Juice
- KIND Granola Bars
- CLIF Bars
- Bai5 Natural Antioxidant Infused beverages
- GoGo Squeez
- Powerade, 12-packs
- Peanut Butter & Co. Peanut Butter
- Popchips, 24-pack
- Annie’s Fruit Snacks
- Special K Granola Bars
See how the savings stack up on a few products in this KCL post.
5. Pay less than you would at Walmart and Costco.
6. Get items delivered on the same day every month.
Knowing that a refill of my kids’ favorite lunchtime snack will be delivered like clockwork on the same day every month is very satisfying and super convenient. Maintaining a steady supply of snacks my kids will actually eat is now one less thing I have to worry about!
Tip: If your family goes through subscriptions slowly, try setting your delivery frequency to every six months.
7. Easily update and cancel subscriptions.
Under “Your Account” select “Your Subscribe & Save Items.”
Hover over a subscription and choose to either “Edit” (where you go to cancel all deliveries of an item) or “Skip” (where you go to skip one scheduled delivery).
Once the first shipment is ordered, you can change your subscriptions or cancel without any obligation. Amazon will even send you an email reminder when your next delivery is approaching, giving you ample time to make any subscription changes.