All you need to do this painting technique with your kids is a pencil with a new eraser and bit of craft paint! I tried it out and created some artwork to help decorate my shelf for Valentine's Day. It's a fun and easy technique to use in a variety of ways, like decorating a card, a t-shirt, wrapping paper, etc. The kids were fascinated, as well, and loved making their own creations!
- New pencil
- Card stock
- Craft paint
- Heart shape cut out of cardboard
- Dip your pencil lightly in paint and then dab a bit off on an extra piece of paper.
- Hold your template down securely and press the eraser down.
- Press firmly with your pencil for each dot. Create a nice ombre effect by starting on the edge of your template and working out. The paint will get lighter as you move outward.
- Dip your eraser and go again.
- Have fun experimenting with different shapes and colors. You can use a template or just freehand it and create your own design.