Happy Cinco de Mayo, everybody! The only thing better than basking in the warmer weather with a margarita is to take advantage of some incredible Cinco de Mayo deals and restaurant specials.
Things are opening back up, so expect many more Cinco de Mayo food deals in store than last year, but there are still plenty of takeout and delivery options.
Make sure to download the official KCL app for more news and deals.
1. Taco Bell is giving away a free taco on ‘Cuatro’ de Mayo.
Want to get a head start on Cinco de Mayo? Taco Bell is celebrating the “Taco Moon” lunar phase by giving away a free Crunchy Taco from 8-11:59 p.m. Order online, via app or in store.
On May 4 and 5, Taco Bell is also offering “digital exclusive items” including a Build Your Own Taco Cravings Box and Build Your Own Taco Party Pack. And if you purchase these via app, you get an extra 150 Taco Bell Rewards bonus points.
2. Chipotle is giving out 250,000 BOGO free coupons.
Every day between May 3-7, Chipotle is giving away 50,000 BOGO free coupons via their trivia game at ChipotleIQ.com. The BOGOs reset each morning at 9 a.m. PDT, but they run out fast — you might wanna set an alarm.
The BOGO free coupons are good for a free regular menu entree (up to $8 in value) with purchase of another regular-price entree. You have 7 days to use the code once you get one.
Also, if you’re a medical professional, another freebie is headed your way. To say thank you after a challenging year of coronavirus, Chipotle is giving away free burritos to medical professionals. They can sign up for the freebie starting at 1 p.m. EDT Thursday, April 29 at Chipotle’s website.
3. Buy a small Slurpee for $1 and get 4 free mini tacos.
Make sure you’re a 7Rewards member, and on Cinco de Mayo you’ll be able to get a small Slurpee for just $1. That’s a great deal all by itself, but the four free mini tacos make it exceptional.
4. Get 21% off O’Charley’s margaritas with a Raise gift card.
With gift card reseller Raise.com, you can get a $25 O’Charley’s gift card for just $19.71. That’s 21% off.
That means you can get 6 of their house margaritas for just $19.71 — $3.29 each — when you get a discount gift card.
5. Bahama Breeze has $5 classic margaritas all day.
6. Spend $3 at Del Taco and get a free Crunchtada.
On Cinco de Mayo, all you have to do is spend 3 bucks at Del Taco (in-store) and you’ll get a free Crunchtada. They have three different kinds: Crunchtada Tostada, Queso Beef Crunchtada and the Chicken Guacamole Crunchtada.
7. Taco John’s is selling five softshell tacos for $5.55.
This all-cincos deal goes from May 1-5, 2021, and applies to Taco John’s beef soft tacos only.
8. Chili’s has five $5 margaritas & contests all day.
On Cinco de Mayo, Chili’s doesn’t just have one margarita for $5, but FIVE: the Presidente Margarita, Cheers to Patrón ‘Rita, Cuervo Blue ‘Rita, and Frose ‘Rita.
They’re also discounting draft beers, and at select locations they’ve got Chili’s piñatas filled with a $500 gift card and merch. Learn more about that on Chili’s social media accounts.
9. Enjoy Ruby Tuesday’s FreshMex menu for 17% off.
Raise.com has discount gift cards for Ruby Tuesday; get a $15 card for just $12.38.
Use that to get 17% off burritos, fajitas, chips and queso, and margaritas.
10. Enjoy 4 margaritas for $7, plus free chips & queso, at Cheddar’s.
This Cinco de Mayo, Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen might be your best bet for the cheapest margaritas; you can buy FOUR of them for less than $7 — according to a tweet they sent us. And that’s not just on 5/5; it’s all the time.
Additionally, you can get free chips and queso by signing up for their eclub.
11. Get a free shaker when you buy a margarita from Abuelo’s.
Abuelo’s is offering all-day drink specials on Cinco de Mayo, including an $8.95 Flag Margarita, $5 beers/margaritas/sangrias, and free shakers with purchase of an El Jefe Margarita. And they’ll donate $1 to No Kid Hungry for every El Jefe and Flag margarita sold.
Abuelo’s rewards program also gives you a free appetizer for signing up as well as one point for every dollar spent.
12. Tip your delivery driver 20% or more for a chance to get reimbursed by Jose Cuervo.
The #TipsyForCinco promotion asks people to tip generously (20% or more). Jose Cuervo is reimbursing more than 2,500 of these generous tippers for their meals. To win, take a photo or screenshot of the receipt with evidence of the tip and tweet it with the hashtag #TipsyForCinco to @JoseCuervo.
Ten lucky winners will get five times the cost of their meal!
13. Blaze Pizza is giving 5X the rewards points.
Members of the Blaze Rewards program typically get 1 point (a “Flame”) for every $1 spent, but on Cinco de Mayo, every dollar earns cinco (five) points.
Since it only takes 30 Flames to earn a free drink or dessert, the extra points add up quickly. A $24 purchase on 5/5 will earn you a free pizza at 120 Flames!
Plus, get free delivery on orders of $15 or more when placed via their website or app.
14. Taco Cabana’s MargaritaPalooza offers 12 different margs for just $2.
In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, Taco Cabana is launching a new margarita — “La Bandera” — layered with lime, strawberry, mango, and blue curacao.
The new margarita is part of MargaritaPalooza, which offers 12 different margaritas for just $2 for a limited time.
15. Get ‘cinco’ dollars off Jimmy John’s orders.
Use the promo code 5OFF20 now through June 13 at JimmyJohns.com to get $5 off orders of $20 or more. (You can’t stack this promo with other discounts.)
16. Kona Grill is discounting their signature margaritas.
Kona Grill will be celebrating Cinco de Mayo on May 5 with their Margarita Heaven, featuring favorites like CasamigosMargarita, Watermelon Margarita, Margarita Flight. No prices listed just yet, but in past years they cost just $7 each!
17. Hungry’s Howie’s has medium pizzas for $5.55.
Pizza and wings joint Hungry Howie’s is getting in on the Cinco celebration with an all-cinco price point for a medium one-topping pizza. Get yours for $5.55 with promo code CINCO. Works in-store, online and with carry-out.
18. Chuy’s is doing happy hour all day.
All day long, Chuy’s is going to be doing happy hour pricing, with discounts on Tecate, domestic beers, Original Texas ‘Tinis, and the World-Famous House ‘Ritas — both rocks and frozen — made with fresh-squeezed lime juice.
And add a Tequila Floater for just $1. Get a free commemorative cup when you order a Grande ‘Rita.
19. Sign up for Baja Fresh’s Club Baja and look for Cinco De Mayo deals.
Every year, Baja Fresh offers freebies on Cinco de Mayo, like a free churro or free chips and guac with purchase. They’re back at it again this year, according to a tweet they sent us. To get any offers, you’ll need to sign up for Club Baja and look for an email just before Cinco de Mayo.
Bonus! When you sign up for Club Baja you’ll get a free taco and a free treat on your birthday. Additionally, you get $5 off your order upon joining Club Baja.
20. Grab free chips and guac with El Pollo Loco rewards.
In previous years El Pollo Loco has had a variety of drink and food specials, like $10 off a 24-piece order of chicken. But if you sign up for their Loco Rewards, you’ll get free chips and guac.
21. Chevys, Acapulco & El Torito will have live music and specials on drinks and tacos.
They’re keeping quiet about exactly what they’re doing, but Chevys and sister restaurants El Torito and Acapulco have announced Cinco de Mayo specials on margaritas, beer, shots, and tacos from 3 p.m. to close at their cantinas and outdoor patios.
They’ll have live Mariachi bands from 4-6 p.m. and DJs from 6 p.m. to close. Reservations are encouraged!
22. Get Corona piñata party kits delivered free with Postmates.
Keep an eye on Corona’s social media on May 5; they’re promising exciting offers all day, including “specially curated Corona piñata party kits” and tacos, delivered free by Postmates.
23. If you’re in these cities, Cholula is giving you ‘burrito insurance.’
Hot sauce makers Cholula want to protect Cinco de Mayo revelers from the horrors of burritos falling apart, so they’re offering $20 coupons for people to use on food delivery orders that include a burrito. Use the code BURRITODOWN when placing an order via DoorDash to get the $20 credit and free delivery. No purchase necessary.
The catch? You have to be in New York, L.A., Chicago, Dallas or Denver.
24. Watch for these restaurants to announce Cinco de Mayo deals.
- California Pizza Kitchen: In 2020 they had discounted margarita pitchers when you bought their taco kit.
- On the Border: They’ve told us to watch out this year. Last year, they offered a $25 Cinco in a Bag deal with 10 beef tacos plus a bunch of sides.
- Tijuana Flats: They said to keep an eye out for a Cinco de Mayo announcement; last year, they had five days of tasty specials.
25. Tostitos is giving away swag and a special meet and greet.
Visit tostitos5waystocinco.com for Cinco de Mayo tips and tricks, but also to enter to win their festive contest. Enter your personal info and, if applicable, the product number of your bag of Tostitos, once a day through May 5 for a chance to win:
- A Cinco de Mayo party with food and drinks for up to 10 guests with an hour-long virtual meet and greet with actor Danny Trejo
- One of 200 Cinco de Mayo party packs that include a piñata, a party banner, and plates and napkins for 16 people
- One of 500 Danny Trejo Cookbooks
- One of 100 Bluetooth speakers
- One of 215 SCOOPS!-A-Rita margarita glasses
- One of 100 Don Clemente Loteria board games
26. Take advantage of restaurants’ gift card promotions.
These restaurants are offering a $10 gift card when you buy $50 in gift cards on/around Cinco de Mayo: