We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
One of the biggest blessings about online shopping is not having to leave the house to do it — and one of the biggest curses about it is having to leave the house to return something that doesn’t fit or that you just don’t want. That is, until now: DoorDash offers a new service to return items for you called Package Pickup.
That’s right; on top of free DoorDash food delivery, Walgreens delivery, and even Sam’s Club prescriptions brought to your home, you don’t even have to make the trip to the UPS store.
Here’s everything to know about DoorDash’s Package Pickup service and how to make it work for you so you never have to put on pants to send something back.
What is DoorDash Package Pickup?
DoorDash’s Package Pickup allows users to use DoorDash to pick up prepaid packages that need to be returned and drop them off to FedEx, UPS, or the United States Postal Service for a flat fee.
Basically, it makes Amazon returns the most convenient ever.
How much does Package Pickup cost?
Free Pickup: For a limited time, you can get your first pickup for $0 by using the coupon code FIRSTPICKUPFREE2 at checkout.
What packages can I send with DoorDash?
DoorDash Package Pickup has several package requirements. These include:
- Packages must be fully sealed.
- Packages must be pre-labeled.
- Packages must be valued at less than $100.
- Packages must not contain anything hazardous, illegal, or otherwise restricted by DoorDash’s terms of service. For a full list of restricted items, click here.
How can I use DoorDash Package Pickup?
To use DoorDash Package Pickup:
- On the DoorDash home page or app, there’s an icon that says “Packages” near the top right.
- Select your carrier of choice from FedEx, UPS, USPS. Note: if you have multiple packages going to different carriers, you must make separate orders. For the same carrier, you can add up to five packages per order.
- Select whether you have a preprinted label or a QR code for your package.
- Select the type of package you have (i.e., box, soft poly bag, etc.)
- Add the package to your cart.
- Repeat as needed for any other packages in your order.
- Check out and review package requirements.
- Add any necessary special instructions for your DoorDash driver (i.e., “ring the doorbell” or “use gate code 1234”).
- Select whether you’d like to hand your package directly to your driver or opt for a no-contact pickup.
- Tap “Accept and Continue.”
How do I know my package was delivered?
You can track your DoorDash Package Pickup the same way you would with a takeout order on the app. Your DoorDash driver will also send a photo confirmation showing your package at the drop-off location specified, and the app will notify you once the drop-off is complete.
If you suspect that your DoorDash Package Pickup order was never delivered, you can contact DoorDash support. You can be eligible for a refund of your package’s value up to $100 with proof of purchase receipt. Contact DoorDash Customer Support at (855) 973-1040 or by tapping the Help Support Button in the DoorDash app.
Important: DoorDash Package Pickup doesn’t provide tracking numbers for your packages.
Can I use DoorDash to send outgoing mail?
As much as we know you’d love to skip the post office line, unfortunately, the answer here is no. DoorDash Package Pickup is limited strictly to prepaid, pre-labeled items (such as Amazon returns).
If I return an item through Package Pickup, will they process my refund?
No. You should process your actual return through the retailer from which you purchased your items. DoorDash Package Pickup is strictly to retrieve and drop off your returned packages.