We’ve all done it. Every couponer’s worst nightmare.
You forgot your coupon at home.
Don’t worry! These stores will happily give you a price adjustment with your original receipt and coupon. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Double check that your coupon is still valid.
- Before you head out, call the store to confirm they’ll accept your coupon and if there is a time limit on when they’ll accept it.
- Some stores may want to see the items purchased or the credit card you used. Every store is different, so a phone call will help you clarify.
- Even if a store isn’t on this list, give them a call. Many times it’s up to the store manager who may give you a break.
1. Bring your coupon back to Petco to get that cat food discount.
As a Petco Pals Reward member, you’ll score coupons delivered right to your inbox, including 5 Reward Dollars for every $100 spent. But what happens if you forgot it at home? No sweat. Just bring your coupon and receipt back to the store to take advantage of the money-saving offer.
2. Use your forgotten coupon at Office Depot to save on copy and print paper.
Even if you left your coupon at home, Office Depot allows you to bring it back in for a price adjustment. The same goes for any OfficeMax stores, too. This could be especially helpful around hectic back-to-school time!
3. Take your coupon back to Victoria’s Secret to get that crazy low price on bralettes and panties!
Subscribing to the VS catalog for coupons is just one way to save hundreds at Victoria’s Secret. And if you just so happen to forget one of those coupons, simply bring it back along with your receipt to snag the deal.
4. Redeem member coupons for your new tent at REI — even without the coupon.
5. Get discounted kids’ clothes with your forgotten coupon at Crazy 8.
Bring your receipt back within seven days of your purchase to score the discount.
6. Return your jeans to Express for the lower price.
In addition to your receipt and coupon, bring back whatever you purchased. Express will return your items and apply the discount like it’s a new purchase.
7. Find your Bath & Body Works coupon to save on your favorite soaps.
Who doesn’t love to stock up on those hand soaps while taking advantage of Bath & Body Works deals? Just be sure to bring the coupon back within 14 days of your original purchase to get the discount.
8. Bring that Kohl’s coupon back to save on your sweater.
It seems like Kohl’s is always offering a coupon or other great ways to save money in the store. Even if you forget the coupon, just bring it back in to receive your savings.
9. Use your misplaced JCPenney coupon to save on that new bedding.
JCPenney gladly accepts that coupon you left on your kitchen counter. Pssst…did you know you can use three coupons per order? You sure can. There are a lot more great JCPenney store hacks you may not have known.
10. Score $10 off your boots with that lost DSW coupon.
DSW reward members regularly get $10 off coupons. When you forget yours, or any coupon for that matter, take it back to the store for a lower price.
11. Bring your J.Crew coupon back to get a price adjustment on that new dress.
You’re checking out, and you realize that 10% off J.Crew coupon is still dangling from the magnet on your fridge. Well, you can breathe easy knowing you’ll still get your discount by bringing it back in tomorrow.
12. Take that Dick’s Sporting Goods coupon back in to save on yoga gear.
Yoga supplies, sporting gear for the kids, or backyard toys for the family — whatever you’re buying, Dick’s is willing to accept that misplaced coupon once you find it.
13. Redeem your 20% off Bed, Bath and Beyond coupon to save on patio furniture.
We all know Bed, Bath and Beyond is super generous with their famous 20% off coupon. So it’s a huge burn when we leave it behind. But they’re also nice enough to let it slide and give you a price adjustment.
14. Get a lower price on baby clothes by bringing your forgotten coupon back to buybuy Baby.
Sign up for buybuy Baby mailings to regularly receive percentage-off coupons, like 15% off any item.
15. Find your Natural Grocers coupon to save on Dr. Bronner’s soaps.
Natural Grocers accepts your forgotten coupons on organic groceries, natural body products, and everything else they sell.
16. Save on new dishes by bringing in your Crate & Barrel coupon.
Crate & Barrel adjusts your price for that rogue coupon within 14 days of your purchase.
17. Take your coupon back to Whole Foods to save on Annie’s snacks.
18. Bring back that coupon after buying a new rug at World Market.
You’re in luck with World Market. Bring your coupon and receipt in to get the deal you missed the first time.
19. Score a price adjustment on sketch pads by bringing your coupon back to Staples.
Staples has more than just office supplies. They sell lamps, décor, and even art supplies. But whatever you bought, just bring in your coupon within 48 hours of the purchase, and you’ll walk out with extra money in your pocket.
20. Bring your forgotten Old Navy coupon back to get a lower price on your jacket.
21. Bring your grocery coupons back to TOPS to save money.
TOPS accepts coupons within seven days of your original purchase.
22. Save money on that purse by bringing your coupon back to Macy’s.
23. Use your Harris Teeter coupons for a discount on groceries.
Harris Teeter takes competitor coupons and even double coupons, so it’s no surprise they’re willing to take the coupons you forgot.