Who wants to wait until November for Black Friday? Home Depot sure doesn’t. They’ve got everything you need to jump-start the spring/summer season with The Home Depot Spring Black Friday sale.
Here’s what you need to know to save the most money:
1. Pay attention to patio furniture sales — you could save 40% or more!
In previous years Home Depot has had some seriously good deals on patio furniture during Spring Black Friday.
Last year we saw the Hampton Bay Belleville 7-Piece Padded Sling Outdoor Dining Set for $299.00, which was a 40% savings!
We hadn’t seen deals like that since the previous Spring Black Friday, so be on the lookout!
2. Save around 40% when you buy storage shelving.
In previous years we’ve seen some pretty good deals on storage shelving. Last year Home Depot had an HDX 4-Shelf Wire Storage Unit for $29.97, regularly $49.97.
These deals tend to be either in store only or online only, so read the fine print before you head out to buy.
3. Get 1-day savings on everyday items like laundry detergent and lightbulbs.
Last year we saw Arm & Hammer 255-oz. HE Clean Burst Liquid Laundry Detergent drop from $12.97 to $7.00.
Be ready, though, because the 1-day savings deals are only available in the store, and when they’re gone, they’re gone.
4. Watch for ladders to be on sale for as much as 47% off.
Ladders are one of those things you don’t think about buying until you need one. Do yourself a favor and grab one if they go on sale again this year.
In 2018 we saw Gorilla ladders and stepladders marked down anywhere from 38-47%.
5. Save up to 41% on tools like a miter saw.
Last year we saw the Ryobi 15 amp 10″ Sliding Miter Saw for just $129.00, regularly $219.00.
6. Plan to save at least 28% on plank flooring.
Ready to DIY your floors? Look for decent savings on Home Depot’s laminate plank flooring. Last year we saw savings from 28-44%.
7. Stay on top of your lawn care and expect to save up to 30%.
You can expect at least a few decent sales on lawn mowers. Last year we saw the Ryobi 13″ 11 amp Corded Electric Walk-Behind Push Mower for $69.00, regularly $99.00.
We also saw a Ryobi 40 volt Lithium Ion 15″ Straight Shaft String Trimmer Kit for $119.00 on sale from $169.00.
8. Make planting easier and save up to 50% at the same time.
9. Stock up on mulch if they run their 5-for-$10.00 sale.
Home Depot rarely has 2 cubic feet of mulch priced less than $2.50 a bag, but they tend to drop it during Spring Black Friday. Last year they priced various brands at 5 bags for $10.00.
10. Look to save around 25% on vegetable plants and 50% on annual flowers.
Last year we saw Bonnie vegetable starters for just $3.00 each during Spring Black Friday — regularly $3.98.
We also saw annuals priced 5 for $5.00, making it easy to fill our flower beds.
Note: This was for non-organic only.
11. Save up to 50% on seed packets.
In previous years Home Depot has marked seed packets to just $0.50. This includes veggies, herbs and flowers.
12. Get $5.00 just for joining Home Depot’s email list.
Once you submit your email address, a “$5 off your next $50 purchase” coupon will land in your inbox.
Stack it with some of the great Spring Black Friday sales to get an even better deal.
13. Don’t fret if you can’t keep perennials, shrubs or trees alive — Home Depot lets you return them up to a year later.
I’m not saying I can’t keep green things alive, I’m just saying that I appreciate that Home Depot doesn’t judge.
You’ll need your original receipt to take advantage of this generous return policy.
14. If you can’t make it into the store right away, shop online and pick it up in store.
As long as the deal isn’t in-store specific, you can shop online and pick it up in as little as two hours for free.
Plus, Home Depot offers free online shipping and returns on orders over $45.
15. Remember Home Depot’s 110% price match policy if you’re worried about getting the best deal.
Home Depot will price match any of their major competitors — like Ace, Lowe’s, for example — up to 100%.
Just bring in the competitor’s current flyer and ask for the price match + 10%.
Note: The item must be exactly the same to get the price match.
16. If you’ve recently moved, check your USPS mover’s packet for a free 10-15% off mover’s coupon.
When you get your Mover’s Packet from the post office, look for a 10-15% off Mover’s Coupon for Home Depot. You could save up to an additional $200!
17. Take advantage of Home Depot’s tool repair policy if any of those good deals stop working their magic.
Home Depot’s technicians will repair any tools still covered under the manufacturer’s warranty and file a claim on your behalf at zero cost to you.
Even better? They back their repairs with a 90-day warranty.