We hate to see retailers go out of business — and we hate it even more when it’s without any warning. We recently learned that online retailer Jane.com closed their website and app on Nov. 17, 2023, leaving many sellers who sold on Jane.com worried about getting paid, and leaving shoppers worried that they may not get their recent orders.
We’ve included a list at the bottom of this article where you can click to visit the shops of former Jane.com sellers and support them this holiday season. You can also visit Janie’s Deals where a lot of these sellers have started selling their awesome handmade and custom gifts again.
Here’s everything we know about the recent Jane.com app closing, what happened, and what steps to take if you’re a seller or a person missing a new order.
The Jane.com website went dark on Nov. 17, 2023.
When visiting Jane.com you’ll see a “down for maintenance” message. At first, we thought the website was truly down for some pre-Black Friday updates. But, after doing some research into reports that they’ve shut down, it does look like the retailer is indeed shut down for good.
The brand’s Facebook page is still active, but comments have been restricted. Comments are also off on Instagram, and per reports from sellers, the site’s seller forum has also been shut down.
If you recently bought something, contact your credit card company to dispute charges.
If you placed an order with Jane recently and have not received it, first try reaching out to the company directly. It’s likely you won’t hear back, but it’s good to have a paper trail that you reached out. As far as we know, Jane.com has not yet filed for bankruptcy. If a company has not filed, the business is still obligated to fulfill your order for goods, services, or a refund.
If you do not hear back from Jane.com the next step, per the FTC, is to contact your bank to dispute the charge when it appears on your statement. Make sure you have your receipt of purchase and retailer information when you contact your bank. Credit card purchases are protected by federal law so you don’t have you pay for items you didn’t receive.
Jane sellers are without payment and employees are without jobs.
Reading through several posts on LinkedIn, it seems that the employees had no idea of the closure. They were advised on Friday, Nov. 17 that the company would be closing its doors and they were without employment, severance, or health benefits.
In interviews with The Salt Lake Tribune, KSL TV, and in forums on Reddit and Facebook, dozens of Jane.com vendors claimed the company owes them tens of thousands of dollars. In an interview with The Tribune, an anonymous former seller claims that Jane owes her $35,000 for her already-sold merchandise. There has been no word yet on whether or not any sellers will receive the money owed to them.
Support former Jane.com sellers by shopping their handmade goods this Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Sellers, like the owner of Copper Lane Clothing, have taken to social media to share their stories and other ways you can support them in the upcoming weeks. Not only are they out the commissions on sales they’ve already made, but many of these shops have excess products they created to sell on Jane.com for Black Friday and Cyber Monday week.
To help these sellers, we’ve put together a list of where you can shop these local businesses online to support them after the abrupt shutdown of Jane.com.
Women’s Clothing & Accessories
- Willow Lane – Disney-themed apparel and accessories for kids and adults, 20% off with code BLF
- Copper Lane Clothing – Women’s clothing, including Judy Blue jeans
- Pink Pineapple Clothing – Women’s clothing, get free shipping with $50
- Hope + Grace – Women’s clothing, 15% off with code XTRA15 and free shipping on $50+
- Custom Vinyl By Design – Tees and personalized gifts, get free shipping through Etsy
- I Spot You Tees – Fun and modern graphic tee shirts for women, take 15% off your order with code SAVE15
- Daisy Ridge Boutique – Women’s clothing, free shipping with $50
- Dream Life Boutique – Women’s clothing, website coming soon
- OBX Prep – Personalized gifts, fashion, and accessories
- Riah Fashion – Women’s apparel and accessories, free shipping with $50
- Limeberry Designs – Women’s apparel and graphic tees, free shipping with $50
- Kbcreatedco – Hair clips and glasses, 15% off on Etsy
- The Twisted Hippo – Women’s clothing and accessories, home goods, ornaments, and more
Kids & Baby
- My Baby Love Clothing – Hand-stitched, monogrammed kid’s clothing, $4.99 flat shipping
- Rocket Bug – Super soft rompers, gowns, and baby apparel, 20% off with code MERRY20, free shipping on all orders
- Luna Nail Wraps – Nail wraps, get 25% off with code JANE25 and free shipping with $25
- Face and Body Shoppe – Beauty and wellness, sign up for 10% off and get free shipping with $9.99
- Tylee Rei – Ready-made and custom jewelry
- Sweet Tree – Handmade jewelry
- Natalie Fox Studio – Jewelry, get 50% off with code THANKS and free shipping on $50 with code FREESHIP
- HBunnie Creations – Jewelry with mommy and me bracelet sets
Home & Decor
- SweetHometownCo – Custom wood signs, decor, ornaments, and more
- Making Wright – Custom engraved drinkware, get 20% off
- Practical Paper Company – Planners, take 30% off with code HOLLY23 and free shipping with $40 with code HOLLYSHIP23
- Cyndi and Sofi Designs – Stationery, notecards, greeting cards
- Polly and Paisley – Embroidered custom art
- The Mad Padder – Custom notepads and notecards
- Buhbay – Bible and scripture verse cards for display, 10% off
- A Touch of Whimsy Designs – Custom cards, stickers, labels, decals, and more, get free shipping with $50
Gifts & Personalized Goods
- Party in a Pinch – Printable party goods, get 20% off sitewide
- CRDCcreations – Custom gifts and party favors
- Sew Lucky Embroidery – Personalized applique patches and other gifts
- LoriCraffeyDesignCo – Custom holiday ornaments
- DESignsBySRP – Personalized keychains and gifts
- ZoeyBellesCreations – Personalized gifts
- Five Little Things – Personalized gifts, prints, jewelry, and more, 30% off with code CHRISTMAS30, free shipping with $75
- Sealed Paperie – Personalized and monogrammed gifts
- Stick ’em up Labels – Stickers and labels, get 10% off
- My Hero Creations – Jewelry, tumblers, and accessories
- ZoeyBellesCreations – Monogrammed gifts for pets and more
- Sara Gourley Art – Self-portraits, calendars, and more
- Bella and Franco – Custom blankets with handwritten notes or children’s art
You can also visit this new Facebook Group for Jane sellers to shop their deals and support them during this busy shopping week. And they’ve put together a new website — Janie’s Deals — where you can find and shop items from your favorite Jane.com sellers!
If you’re a former seller with Jane.com — contact the Lehi Police Department in Lehi, Utah.
If you feel that you’re owed money or would like to report a crime, contact the Lehi Police Department in Lehi, Utah (where Jane.com was owned and run). They’ve opened an investigation into Jane.com and ask that you call the Lehi PD non-emergency number, 801-794-3970, to file a report.