We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Don’t move off that couch! Walmart, in order to reduce in-store crowds doing after-Christmas returns, has partnered with FedEx to pick up your online returns, at your house, for free.
They’re making returning online orders as easy as ordering them (it’s high time somebody figured this out). Walmart plans on carrying this service on permanently, making other retailers very nervous.
Here’s how Carrier Pickup by FedEx works:
1. FedEx will only pick up returns from Walmart.com.
The items have to be from Walmart.com, from a Walmart warehouse and not from a third party vendor on Walmart.com.
2. Start the process through the Walmart app or Walmart.com.
In the Walmart app, just select “Start a Return” and you’ll be taken to your orders page.
3. Chose a return pickup date and time and make an appointment.
4. Package your item up, print the free postage paid label, and stick it on the box.
Put the package on your porch or doorstep and FedEx will come get it. You get your money back to your original payment method within 24 hours.
5. Don’t have a printer? Use the QR code and drop it off at your nearest FedEx.
Select “Drop off at FedEx” instead of pickup in your app or online. You’ll get a QR code that you can have scanned. Put your return back in the box, and bring it to your nearest FedEx. Show them your code and they’ll take care of the rest, all for free!