The Adidas brand is well known for their mantra that sports have the power to change lives, but they also recognize — with discounts! — the everyday heroes who make our lives better. You heard that right — Adidas honors people in the medical and healthcare field, as well as first responders, with a shopping discount in the form of 20% – 30% off, depending on where you shop.
If you’re a nurse, doctor, EMT, or other healthcare worker, you need to know about the Adidas healthcare discount, especially if their footwear helps get you through those long work days or their workout gear relieves your stress after hours.
Ready to shop? Here’s the scoop on everything you need to know about Adidas’ discounts for medical professionals, first responders, and more.
For more smart shopping tips and savings hacks, text HACKS to 57299.
1. Use the Adidas healthcare discount to save up to 30% when you shop online or in store.
Adidas offers all medical professionals, first responders, and nurses a generous discount of 30% off online and in-store purchases and 20% off at factory outlets. (Heads up: the same discount applies for military members and teachers, too!)
This is a super generous discount since many retailers or brands who have similar discount programs usually cap the savings at around 15%.
Related: Want to see how Adidas stacks up? We found more than 20 retailers with healthcare discounts.
2. You’ll need to verify your status to unlock the Adidas healthcare discount.
The key to getting the Adidas healthcare discount is to verify that you are indeed a healthcare worker. Adidas uses ID.me to make sure you’re not just, ahem, a shopping blogger who’s looking for a great discount. ID.me is a third-party service that requires you to upload your identification to prove that you work for a medical or healthcare facility.
TIP: What’s cool is that once you set up your ID.me account, you can use it with all retailers who use the service, like Carhartt, Under Armour, Stanley, and Hey Dude.
3. See if you’re on the list of qualified healthcare workers.
“Healthcare worker” is sort of a broad term, so here’s a more detailed explanation to help you figure out if you will qualify for the discount program.
- Nurses: This includes anyone with an RN, LPN, or APNP designation.
- Medical Providers: It’s not only doctors who fall into this category. Providers also include clinical technicians, dentists, pharmacists, physical or occupational therapists, and more.
- Hospital Employees: If you work for a hospital or healthcare system and can provide proof that you work there with a document or an employee email address, you should be good to go.
4. If you’re shopping online, you’ll use a promo code to get the Adidas healthcare discount.
When shopping at Adidas.com, add items to your cart as you normally would. When you’re ready to check out, click the “add promo code” link and you’ll see “Verification by ID.me” pop up. Select that link and it’ll take you to the ID.me site. If you’ve ever used it before, you just have to log in. If not, follow the prompts to create an account and upload the appropriate identification. For new accounts, you may have to confirm your email address.
Once you’re done, you’ll get a discount code to copy to your clipboard. You’ll then get taken back to the Adidas checkout screen where you can apply your promo code.
5. When shopping in a store, just flash your photo ID.
If you’re shopping in person and want to get the discount, you’ll just have to present the appropriate photo ID. Once you do, the associate will give you the 30% healthcare worker discount (or 20% if it’s an outlet store). Easy peasy!
6. Note that some exclusions do apply.
As with most discount programs, there are exceptions. The Adidas healthcare discount isn’t available for certain products, most notably gift cards (which makes sense since they have cash value). But also, if you’re shopping for any of the following brands, you may not score the 30% off:
- Ivy Park x Adidas
- Select Ultraboost
- Select Tiro clothing
- Pharrell x Adidas
- Disney x Adidas
- Adizero Adios Pro
- Human Made
- Limited Edition Originals
- Select NMD
- Select Stan Smith
- Select Superstar
You also can’t get your discount after the fact, so if you bought some sneakers and then found out about the discount later, you won’t be able to get a price adjustment.