We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
When you’ve got the late-night munchies, Jack in the Box tacos are here for you. But you know what else is available? Jack in the Box deals and Jack in the Box coupons.
We’ve collected every Jack in the Box menu hack we could find that’ll have you saving money on Jack in the Box burgers, tacos, and more.
You’ll learn how to wield the Jack in the Box app, the difference between Jack in the Box tacos and mini tacos, and what’s the best time to get a Jack in the Box Munchie Box.
Note: Prices will vary depending on your location.
1. Earn Jack in the Box coupons and get free food when you join the Jack Pack.
When you download the Jack in the Box app and register your info, you’ll join the Jack Pack and earn 1 point for every $1 spent. When you hit 40 points (or $40 spent), you can start earning free Jack in the Box food. Here’s what you can get with your points, and how much value you get back for your spend:
40 points ($40 spent)
- Large Curly Fries (reg. $2.49) — 6.2% value back
- Jumbo Jack (reg. $3.19) — 7.97% value back
- Tiny Tacos (reg. $3.49) — 8.73% value back
50 points ($50 spent)
- Jack’s Spicy Chicken (reg. $4.59) — 9.18% value back
- Sourdough Jack (reg. $4.69) —9.38% value back
- Ultimate Cheeseburger (reg. $4.69) — 9.38% value back
60 points ($60 spent)
- Homestyle Ranch Chicken Club (reg. $4.99) — $8.32% value back
- Buttery Jack Classic (reg. $4.79) — 7.98% value back
- Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger (reg. $5.09) — 8.48% value back
2. Get 20% off your first order with the Jack in the Box app.
When you download the Jack in the Box app and join the Jack Pack, Jack in the Box’s free rewards program, you’ll get a 20% discount on your first order. It’ll automatically be applied when you checkout.
3. Jack in the Box Tacos are 70% cheaper than Taco Bell tacos.
You’ll get two Jack in the Box Tacos for $0.99 — that’s $0.50 per taco.
Meanwhile, if you get your tacos from Taco Bell, they’ll set you back $1.69 each. You’ll save 70.4% by getting Jack in the Box tacos.
4. Always get a Jack in the Box Taco over the Jack in the Box Mini Tacos to save 52%.
Did you know all tacos aren’t created equal at Jack in the Box? What is the weight of a regular taco vs the mini tacos? Are they a better deal?
Jack in the Box Tacos cost $0.99 each and weigh 84 grams, while an order of 15 Mini-Tacos costs $3.49 and weighs 141.75g.
That means you’ll be paying 1.2 cents/gram for a regular Jack in the Box Taco and 2.5 cents/gram for Jack in the Box Mini Tacos. So you’re paying 52% less per gram for the regular tacos than the mini tacos.
5. Get the best Jack in the Box deals from the Jack in the Box app.
The offers page within the Jack in the Box app will give you the best Jack in the Box deals. You’ll only be able to use one offer per order. Here are some of the offers we’ve seen in the app:
- Free order of fries (reg. $2.09)
- $1 off your shake — a 35.8% discount
- Free 5 pc. order of Mini Churros (reg. $1.00)
We’ve got a list of every fast food app you need to download for the best restaurant coupons.
6. Check the Jack in the Box Value Menu for menu items $3 and under.
The Jack in the Box Value Menu is just a list of Jack in the Box’s cheapest menu items. These items don’t change between different Jack in the Box locations, but each location might list something different:
- 2 Tacos: $0.99
- Jr. Jack: $1.39
- 5 pc. Chicken Nuggets: $1.39
- Chicken Sandwich: $1.29
- 16 oz. Drink: $1.00
- Value Fries: $1.00
7. Get the most value for your points when you spend them in 50 point intervals — up to 9% back.
The Jack Pack rewards come in three tiers, 40 points ($40 spent), 50 points ($50 spent), and 60 points ($60 spent), but you should always save your points for the 50 point tier since you’ll get the most value back for your spend:
- 40 points: 6.2% to 8.73% cashback
- 50 points: 9.18% to 9.38% cashback
- 60 points: 7.98% to 8.48% cashback
8. Always get the Jack in the Box Munchie Meal from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. to save 25%.
Jack in the Box is open LATE. Depending on your location, it could be 24 hours to 10 p.m. closing time, and the graveyard shift is the best time to get the Jack in the Box Munchie Meal.
The Jack in the Box Muchie Meal is your choice of sandwich between Spicy Nacho Chicken Sandwich, Sriracha Curly Fry Burger, Stacked Grilled Cheeseburger, or Chick-N-Tater Melt, two tacos (reg. $0.99), fries (reg. $2.29), and a small drink (reg. $1.69) to go with your sandwich.
The price of the Munchie Meal is different depending on the time of day — from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., the Munchie Meal is $6, but outside that time, it’ll cost you $8, or 25% more.
9. Get your Jack in the Box delivery from Uber Eats.
We’ve checked Jack in the Box delivery fees in different areas throughout the US, and Uber Eats has the cheapest delivery fee when compared to every third-party delivery service:
- Uber Eats: $0.49 delivery fee
- DoorDash: $0.99 delivery fee
- Grubhub: $1.99 delivery fee — limited locations
10. Get Jack in the Box breakfast all day, every day.
The Jack in the Box breakfast menu is available all day long. Depending on the location, you can get breakfast after midnight and even 24 hours a day.
That’s better than the McDonald’s and Wendy’s breakfast hours, which both end at 10:30 a.m.
11. Jack in the Box breakfast items are cheaper than McDonald’s — up to 59% discount.
If you’re deciding between McDonald’s and Jack in the Box for breakfast, you should always opt for Jack in the Box breakfast since their menu items are cheaper by their weight — up to 59% cheaper:
- Pancakes: Jack in the Box is $1.49 or 1.2 cents/gram & McDonald’s is $4.29 or 2.9 cents/gram — 59% cheaper at Jack in the Box.
- Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Biscuit: Jack in the Box is $3.79 or 1.6 cents/gram & McDonald’s is $5.08 or 3.1 cents/gram — 48% cheaper at Jack in the Box.
- Hashbrowns: Jack in the Box is $1.49 or 2.3 cents/gram & McDonald’s is $2.09 or 3.9 cents/gram — 41% cheaper at Jack in the Box.
12. A Jack in the Box chicken sandwich is 12% more expensive than one at McDonald’s.
The Jack in the Box chicken sandwich, or the Cluck Sandwich, costs $4.99, which only makes it cheaper than Burger King and Wendy’s premium chicken sandwiches. Here’s how the Cluck Sandwich stacks up against other premium chicken sandwiches:
- McDonald’s: $4.39 — 12% cheaper than the Jack in the Box chicken sandwich
- Popeyes: $4.49 — 10% cheaper than the Jack in the Box chicken sandwich
- Chick-fil-A: $4.65 — 6.8% cheaper than the Jack in the Box chicken sandwich
- Burger King: $5.29 — 5.7% more expensive than the Jack in the Box chicken sandwich
- Wendy’s: $5.69 — 12.3% more expensive than the Jack in the Box chicken sandwich
There’s also a value menu Chicken Sandwich for just $2.49. We’ve got even more fast food menu price comparisons for you.
13. The Jack in the Box secret menu can get you discontinued items — like the Bacon Bacon Cheeseburger.
The Jack in the Box secret menu is expansive and allows you to customize any of the Jack in the Box burgers by changing out the buns or adding extra cheese and meat:
Bacon Bacon Cheeseburger — $5.09
- Ask them to mash in bacon bits to your burger for no additional cost.
Mint Oreo Shake — no additional charge
- Ask for an Oreo Shake (reg. $2.79)
- Exchange the vanilla ice cream for mint
- This can only be done if there is mint ice cream at your location
Loaded Nachos — $5.68
- Get a box of Tiny Tacos (reg. $3.49)
- Add Jalepeno Poppers (reg. $2.19) and ask for a side of melted cheese
- Combine all the items
Western Taco — $3.29
- Order the Two Tacos (reg. $0.99)
- Order the Onion Rings (reg. $2.29)
- Add the onion rings to your tacos.
14. You can also use the Jack in the Box Secret Menu to add more to your burger — at a cost.
The Jack in the Box secret menu also includes additives and substitutions that you can make to your burgers:
Sourdough or Ciabatta Buns — $0.29 (You can exchange any of the buns on your burger for sourdough or ciabatta buns.)
Extra patties — $1.00/patty
Extra cheese — $0.30/slice
Adding Bacon — $0.50 per two pieces
15. Jack in the Box will let you check out with Apple Pay.
Does Jack in the Box take Apple Pay? Yes, you can use Apple Pay at your local Jack in the Box. They also take Google Pay and other forms of electronic wallets.
16. The Jack in the Box employee discount will get you 50% off a meal during your shift.
Jack in the Box jobs offers you 50% off your meal during your shift. Unfortunately, you can’t use this after your shift, and there is a limit to how much of a discount you get — up to $6 or $10 off with their 50% discount.
Tip: Unfortunately, there is no teacher, student, military, or senior discount at Jack in the Box. But we know all the teacher discounts, student discounts, military discounts, and senior discounts you can get with your ID.
17. You can get Jack in the Box Mini Tacos from Amazon for 36% less.
If you’re wondering how Jack in the Box Mini Tacos are made, we’ve got you covered. They are frozen mini tacos called “Posada Mini Chicken Tacos”, and you can get a 19lb box from Amazon for $139.54. That’s 1.6 cents per gram of mini taco, which is 36% less than buying mini tacos from Jack in the Box.
If you wanted to try these tacos at home, reheating these in the oven or in an air fryer would be your best option.
18. There is no dedicated Jack in the Box gluten-free menu, but you can get the Jack in the Box salads if you’re gluten-free.
There are only four options on the Jack in the Box menu that are gluten free:
- Chicken Club Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Salad
- Side Salad
- Southwest Chicken Salad with Grilled Chicken
Don’t make the mistake of ordering any kind of fries or meat since there is cross contamination between those items and their gluten products.
19. Jack in the Box has the most sauces when compared to other fast food restaurants.
There are 27 Jack in the Box sauces that you can get: 9 dipping sauces, 8 sandwich sauces, and 11 other sauces. All you have to do is ask for them at the register.
That makes it have more variety than McDonald’s (six sauces), Chick-fil-A (eight sauces), and Wendy’s (six sauces).