If you love shopping at Target and want to save money — check out our top 5 ways to shop smarter at Target:
1. Stack gift card promotions, manufacturer coupons, Circle offers and rebate apps.
Keep in mind that you can only stack different types of deals. For example, if one is a dollar-off deal and the other is a percentage-off deal, you’re free to stack up. But you can’t stack two dollar-offs together or two percentage-offs together.
Claim additional cash back using rebate apps like Ibotta.
2. Shop Sundays and Mondays for new sales.
New sales begin at Target every Sunday and run for one week.
Better yet — sign up for the KCL emails, and we’ll do the remembering for you.
We’ve also broken down all the ways to use Target’s new app to save the most money.
3. Return Target-brand items within one year for an exchange or refund.
Popular brands including Cat & Jack, Liz Lange, Xhiliration, C9 by Champion and more are all guaranteed to meet your satisfaction or your money back.
That means if the sweater gets pilly or the leggings get holes in the knees, you can take them back to customer service for an exchange or refund.
You receipt or REDCard are required for all quality-satisfaction returns.
4. Stock up on toys in January and July during the semi-annual toy sale.
Target toy clearance is the best time to get deals on toys. This epic clearance event happens in January and July every year, typically the 2nd or 3rd week of the month.
If you watch (and don’t forget to check the store first thing on Wednesday mornings!) you can score name-brand toys for up to 70% off.
5. Shop the holiday clearance schedule.
Holiday clearance hunting at Target is not a science — it’s an art.
Even in the same region, stores will lag behind or go on clearance ahead of each other. But for the most part, expect to see a similar holiday clearance schedule at Target stores:
- First day after the holiday: 50% off non-food and 30% off food and candy.
- Fourth day after the holiday: 70% off non-food and 50% off food and candy.
- Seventh day after the holiday: 90% off non-food and 70% off food and candy (the most food and candy will be marked down).
Holiday clearance sales last for about a week or week and a half (depending on location and inventory).
Sales typically end on Tuesday night, and anything remaining will be salvaged Wednesday.