The Walmart price match policy is ideal for the Walmart fanatic who’s always hunting for a lower price. It’s pretty simple once you know the basics, but it’s not a carbon copy of competitors that price match.
Does Walmart price match Amazon and other online retailers? How do you use Walmart price match when you’re shopping online? I’ll tell you everything you need to know.
1. Use Walmart price match online for lower prices.
You can take advantage of price matching while shopping on Walmart.com. All you gotta do is get in touch with customer care at (800) 925-6278 and press “1” or use the Walmart customer service chat and provide proof of the lower price. If it’s confirmed, they’ll have you finalize the order and adjust the final price.
Here’s a price match opportunity I saw for Walmart video games:
Price match from Amazon.com ($61.95)
Free 2-day shipping with Walmart+
Or free shipping on orders of $35+
Final Price: $61.95
The items you price match have to be the exact same model (down to the color), sold and shipped by Walmart, and in stock on the store’s website as well as Walmart.com. There’s also no price matching in Alaska or Hawaii.
2. But you can’t price match anything in store.
While Walmart price matching is fully available online, don’t count on getting competitors’ prices in brick-and-mortar locations. This is unfortunate, since the competing Target price match policy lets you match online and in store.
3. Walmart price matches Amazon.com, Target.com, and plenty of other online retailers.
Walmart currently price matches all of the following online retailers:
4. You can only price match on Walmart.com for one thing, once a day.
Don’t expect to load up your cart and get lower Amazon and Target prices on everything. Walmart’s price match policy only lets each customer do one price match on one item per day. Bummer, since Target’s price match policy has no daily limit.
This limit doesn’t apply if you live in New Mexico. Which is odd, but mmkay.
5. Use Walmart promo codes and rebates after price matching.
After the price adjustment has gone through, you can still add Walmart promo codes to your order. Plus, you can still get rebates from apps like Ibotta and Checkout 51 after your price match to save even more.
6. Walmart doesn’t price match clearance or used items.
Before you start hunting for lower prices across the web, keep in mind, Walmart won’t price match everything you show them. Here are some exclusions to expect:
- Items discounted by an advertised specific amount (10% off or $20 off)
- Auction websites (think eBay) or stores that require a membership
- Clearance, flash, and liquidation sales
- Anything used, refurbished, or damaged
7. The return policy works the same for matched items.
If you got your price match approved, the Walmart return policy will work the exact same. So, you’ll still get 90 days for most of the Walmart.com stock. You’ll get the final matched price refunded to you.
8. You can’t price match during holidays like Black Friday and Prime Day.
While you might be eyeing Amazon Prime Day and Black Friday sales from other stores, you can’t price match those sale items. This is pretty standard practice, as even Target won’t price match those sales.
Have you used Walmart price match before? What was your experience? Make sure to share it in the comments below.