Airlines this week have online-only fares good enough for quick weekend getaways. For travel newbies, a number of US airlines offer last-minute airfare specials beginning Tuesdays for travel on the upcoming weekend. Most fares are non-refundable and must be purchased immediately, but these specials often represent significant savings over advance purchase fares.
United Airlines – Dozens of Internet specials this week, mostly to or from their hubs in Houston, Newark, Chicago, Cleveland and Denver. Purchase before 11:59 p.m. (EDT) July 20. Departures after 7 p.m. on July 20 or anytime July 21 and return on Monday, July 23 or Tuesday, July 24. Taxes and airport fees are additional. This week's fares include:
- Chicago to Toronto – $238
- Cleveland to Raleigh – $161
- Denver to Jackson, WY – $161
- Newark to Halifax, Nova Scotia – $304
- San Francisco to Las Vegas – $161
US Airways – Purchase E-saver fares by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on July 21 for travel departing July 21 and returning July 24. Taxes and fees are additional. The best round-trip fares:
- Charlotte to Detroit – $240
- White Plains, NY to Washington, DC – $200
- San Diego to Phoenix (First Class) – $337
Delta Airlines Web Deals – Purchase Delta Web deals by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on July 21 for travel departing anytime July 21 and returning on July 23 or July 24. Highlights include:
- Atlanta to Cincinnati – $200
- Cleveland to New York/LaGuardia – $200
- Dallas to New York/LaGuardia – $280
- Minneapolis to Newark – $240
American Airlines Net Fares – There are no American net fare specials for either this weekend or next weekend.
Remember there are a limited number of seats available for these airfares and they may sell out at any time. Read the fine print before you purchase.