As one of the top contenders in warehouse shopping, Sam’s Club offers plenty of ways to save money and time. Whether you’re new to Sam’s Club or an experienced shopper, this Sam’s Club membership shopping guide will show you all the reasons you should be shopping at Sam’s.
For up-to-date Sam’s Club tips and deal alerts be sure to download the KCL app.
1. Select a Sam’s Club membership that fits your needs.
Sam’s Club offers two memberships. Join Sam’s Club online or at the Member Services desk inside the club.
Sam’s Club Membership for $45/year. Perks include:
- Instant savings
- Fuel savings
- Tire and Battery Center (free flat repairs)
- Add-on up to eight memberships
Sam’s Plus for $100/year. Get all the perks of a $45 membership, as well as:
- Earn 2% cash back on qualifying purchases, up to $500/year
- Free shipping with no minimum purchase
- Early shopping hours 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. (two hours before stores open for all members)
- Free select prescriptions: save on select name-brand prescriptions and access over 600 generic prescriptions for $10 or less
- Optical savings: 20% off a complete pair of eyeglasses and free shipping on contact lenses
- Add-on up to 16 memberships
PRO TIP: If you want the Sam’s Plus membership and you’re joining online, you must first sign up for the Sam’s Club membership. They’ll charge you a total of $100, $45 for the Club membership, and the $55 difference to upgrade.
2. Never pay full price for a Sam’s Club basic membership.
Sam’s Club often offers signup incentives like gift cards. If you’re not getting some freebies or gift cards back on a $45 membership, wait to sign up. KCL regularly posts about Sam’s Club membership deals. Here are just a few deals we’ve published in the past:
- Join for $45, Get a $45 Gift Card
- Score $50 in Freebies at Sam’s Club
- Sam’s Club Membership for $35 + $30 in Free eGift Cards
- Get $45 in Instant Savings
3. Shop at SamsClub.com without a Sam’s Club membership.
Don’t want a Sam’s Club membership? Sign up for a 24-hour guest membership to shop anything online without a membership card. A 10% service fee will apply to your order, and you will miss out on member-only pricing. All you have to do is create a guest account when prompted to sign in during checkout. Pickup is not available for guest members. The following areas are exempt from the service fee: California, South Carolina, and Elmsford, NY.
4. Buy booze, prescriptions, and food court items at Sams’ Club without a membership.
Fill your prescriptions and enjoy food court items without needing a Sam’s Club membership. You can also buy alcohol without a membership in the following states:
- New York
PRO TIP: A Sam’s Club membership is not required to see the optometrist at Sam’s Club, but you have to be a member to buy optical products.