Sam's Club Membership Guide
As one of the top contenders in warehouse shopping, Sam’s Club offers plenty of ways to save money and time. Whether you’re new to Sam’s Club or an experienced shopper, this Sam’s Club membership shopping guide will show you all the reasons you should be shopping at Sam’s.
For up-to-date Sam’s Club tips and deal alerts be sure to download the KCL app.
1. Select a Sam’s Club membership that fits your needs.
Sam’s Club offers two memberships. Join Sam’s Club online or at the Member Services desk inside the club.
Sam’s Club Membership for $50/year. Perks include:
- Instant savings
- Fuel savings
- Tire and Battery Center (free flat repairs)
- Add-on up to eight memberships
Sam’s Plus for $110/year. Get all the perks of a $50 membership, as well as:
- Earn 2% cash back on qualifying purchases, up to $500/year
- Free shipping with no minimum purchase
- Free curbside pickup
- Early shopping hours 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. (two hours before stores open for all members)
- Free select prescriptions: save on select name-brand prescriptions and access over 600 generic prescriptions for $10 or less
- Optical savings: 20% off a complete pair of eyeglasses and free shipping on contact lenses
- Add-on up to 16 memberships
TIP: If you want the Sam’s Plus membership and you’re joining online, you must first sign up for the regular membership. They’ll charge you a total of $110, $50 for the Club membership, and the $60 difference to upgrade.
2. Never pay full price for a Sam’s Club basic membership.
Sam’s Club often offers signup incentives like gift cards. If you’re not getting some freebies or gift cards back on a $50 membership, wait to sign up. KCL regularly posts about Sam’s Club deals. Here are just a few membership deals we’ve published in the past:
- Score $50 in Freebies at Sam’s Club
- Membership for $35 + $30 in Free eGift Cards
Save 50% on a Sam’s Club basic membership:
Pay just $24.99 for a whole year of membership with this latest deal.
3. You can shop at SamsClub.com without a membership.
Don’t want a Sam’s Club membership? Sign up for a 24-hour guest membership to shop anything online without a membership card. A 10% service fee will apply to your order, and you will miss out on member-only pricing. All you have to do is create a guest account when prompted to sign in during checkout. Pickup is not available for guest members. The following areas are exempt from the service fee: California, South Carolina, and Elmsford, NY.
4. Buy booze, prescriptions, and food court items at Sam’s Club without a membership.
Fill your prescriptions and enjoy food court items without needing a membership. You can also buy alcohol without a membership in the following states:
- New York
TIP: A membership is not required to see the optometrist at Sam’s Club, but you have to be a member to buy optical products.
Sam's Club Return PolicySam's Club may be Walmart's little sister, but their return policy is definitely different. Whether you're a Sam's Club member or someone who received a gift purchased at this warehouse store, you'll want to know the ins and outs of the Sam's Club return policy.
Sam's Club DeliveryFind out how to get Sam's Club groceries delivered to your door, so you can spend less time in the warehouse.
Sam's Club PickupSam's Club Curbside pickup makes it easier than ever to buy in bulk without going into the warehouse. Although Sam's Club is owned by Walmart, curbside pickup is fairly new. Plus, did you know it's available for free for all warehouse members currently? Once Sam's decides to charge Club members to use the service, it will only be free for Plus members.