Hosting Thanksgiving this year? Here is a simple, sweet-smelling centerpiece made with things already found in your kitchen.
- 3 green apples
- 4 tea lights. Ones that can float are best.
- handful of fresh cranberries
- green leaves
- Mason jar (quart size)
- paring knife
- Start with the apples. Shine each apple, and then hollow out each apple deep and wide enough to fit a tea light. Push the tea light in somewhat gently so as not to break the apple. It may be helpful to lightly trace around the tea light on top of the apple before cutting.
- Take you green leaves and put them in the bottom of your mason jar. Fill jar about two-thirds full of water. Add your cranberries. You may need to push the leaves down to the bottom of the jar with a spoon.
- Add floating tea light to mason jar.
- Arrange apples around jar and light candles.