Get your DIY Fourth of July decor on this weekend by making a red, white and blue clothespin wreath for your front door.
We made ours in just seven easy steps:
1. Gather your supplies.
Gather the following supplies:
- One 12-inch box wreath frame
- 64-100 clothespins (The number of clothespins will depend on the size of your wreath. Our 12″ wreath used 64 clothespins.)
- Red, white and blue spray paint
- 10 wooden stars
- White craft paint
- Foam paint brushes
- Rubber gloves
- Hot glue gun
- String or ribbon for hanging the finished wreath
2. Spray paint the clothespins red, white and blue.
Spray paint the clothespins by attaching them to the flaps of a cardboard box. I ended up using three boxes — one for each color — then set them aside to allow the pins to fully dry.
3. Spray paint the wreath frame red, white or blue.
I painted my box wreath frame blue to match my theme since green wasn’t gonna cut it.
4. Paint the small wooden stars white.
While the clothespins and wreath frame dry, use a foam brush to paint the stars white.
5. Clip the clothespins to the wreath.
Once all the pieces are fully dry, begin assembling the wreath.
Start by clipping one pin to the two center “bars”, or bar two and three of the frame. Then place the next pin on the two bars closest to the center of the frame, or bars three and four.
Make sure to alternate between red and white for the “stripes” and then add a section of blue clothespins where the stars go.
6. Attach the wooden stars to the blue clothespins.
Use a hot glue gun to attach the white stars to the blue clothespins.
7. Use a wreath hook to hang the finished wreath.