The only thing that can improve a Super Bowl party table filled with delicious food is cute decorations, and this banner tops off the whole spread! These football lanterns are easy to create and the triangles can be made to match your team's colors.
- Cardstock in brown and your team’s colors
- Strips of white tape or paper
- Craft Knife
- Hole punch
1. Cut your brown cardstock to measure 6″x 8″.
2. Score 1" from the edge along each long side (you can use a ruler to give you a nice straight line).
3. Using a craft knife, make cuts 1″ apart across the short side between the scored lines (see photo).
4. Attach your strips of white paper or tape to resemble the stitching on a football.
5. Adhere ends together and hold with clips until dry.
6. Once fully dry, push the ends towards each other to bow the cut pieces outward in a lantern shape.
7. Cut triangles 6" tall and 4" across out of the colored paper.
8. Punch small holes in the tops of the paper lanterns and triangles.
9. String together lanterns and triangles to form your banner.
More like this