The top drawer of my office desk always seems to be a mess. Amid the jumble of pencils, pens, crayons, sharpies and scissors, it’s hard to find what I want. This organizer was just what I needed to sort it all out! This is an easy project that upcycles a shoe box and the cardboard from a roll of wrapping paper. And just look how much better all those markers and pencils look once they’re organized!
- Shoe box
- Cardboard roll from wrapping paper, paper towels or toilet paper
- Decorative paper
- Mod Podge and brush
- Start by covering your shoe box in some pretty paper. Cut each piece to match the 4 sides of the box and then adhere them with Mod Podge.
- Paint the box with a top coat of Mod Podge as well to give it a protective coating. Let dry.
- Cut the cardboard rolls just a bit shorter than the box.
- Fill up your box with the cut rolls, packing them in tightly.
- Have fun getting all your supplies organized!