We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Walmart’s not ready to let go of summer just yet, and for the first time EVER, they’re kicking off the Walmart Summer Rewind, a totally free event for kids and adults with a bunch of activities that’ll make you feel like a kid again. We’re talking an oversized Lite Brite, a giant Spin Art project, a Forbidden Ball Cage, and a Walmart vending machine — yes, really. The Walmart Summer Rewind kicks off Aug. 18 in Austin, Texas, and will hit 33 cities across the U.S. Wondering how you can register and join in on the free fun? We’re breaking it all down.
Download The Krazy Coupon Lady app for more money-saving tips, deals, and coupons.
The Walmart Summer Rewind is the first event of its kind at Walmart.
The Walmart Summer Rewind is a local celebration for Walmart communities, and will take place in Walmart parking lots across the U.S. There are plenty of fun, free activities and summer treats for you and your family (you can bring up to three minors per guardian) to enjoy.
“We’re excited to rewind the clock for even more customers this year in celebration of summertime fun we don’t want to end,” Walmart tells The Krazy Coupon Lady in a statement. “Whether it’s jumping into that famous Walmart ball cage or opening the freezer doors to snack on sweet treats, Summer Rewind gives our customers the chance to do all the things they were never allowed to do as kids — right from their local store parking lot.”
Here’s a sneak peek of some of the activities:
- Climb into Walmart’s famous ball cage.
- Get inside a life-sized toy box for a photo opp.
- Have fun playing with an oversized Lite Brite.
- Show your talent with a giant spin art project.
- Take your chance at winning a prize from the Walmart vending machine.
- A life-sized toy box photo opp where guests can have a photoshoot.
Related: Have fun with these easy summer science experiments for kids.
The Walmart Summer Rewind is coming to 33 cities from August 18 – Sept. 30 and early registration is encouraged.
This cross-country event will hit 33 cities starting this Friday, August 18, 2023. Each event will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (local time). Although anyone can simply join in the festivities the day of the Walmart Summer Rewind, if you register ahead of time, you’ll receive event updates. Like the event itself, registering is free, free, free.
Here are all the stops for the Walmart Summer Rewind and when it’ll be in your neighborhood:
- Aug. 18 – Austin, TX.
- Aug. 19 – Forth Worth, TX.
- Aug. 20 – San Marcos, TX.
- Aug. 22 – Kansas City, MO.
- Aug. 24 – Lawrenceville, GA.
- Aug. 25 – Manchester, MO.
- Aug. 27 – Conyers, GA.
- Aug. 27 – Indianapolis, IN.
- Aug. 30 – Columbia, TN.
- Aug. 30 – Hudson, FL.
- Sept. 1 – Clarksville, TN.
- Sept. 3 – Davie, FL.
- Sept. 5 – Norwalk, OH.
- Sept. 6 – Columbia, SC.
- Sept. 7 – Taylor, MI.
- Sept. 9 – Wilson, NC.
- Sept. 10 – Plainwell, MI.
- Sept. 11 – Richmond, VA.
- Sept. 13 – Ashland, VA.
- Sept. 13 – Rogers, AR.
- Sept. 16 – California, MD.
- Sept. 18 – Ellicott City, MD.
- Sept. 18 – Mesa, AZ
- Sept. 20 – Chula Vista, CA.
- Sept. 21 – Warminster, PA.
- Sept. 23 – Turnersville, NJ.
- Sept. 24 – Milpitas, CA.
- Sept. 26 – Manteca, CA.
- Sept. 26 – North Windham, CT.
- Sept. 28 Norwich, CT.
- Sept. 30 – Plymouth, MA.
- Sept. 30 – Woodburn, OR.
It’s important to note, the event is first-come, first-serve, and registration doesn’t guarantee admission. So if you’re interested in going, register now for free.
For more fun, check out some of our other Walmart content
- Walmart Couponing 101: How to Shop Smarter & Get Freebies
- Walmart Deals for Days: What to Expect From The Next Sale
- Walmart Freebies to Keep Your Pantry (And Your Wallet) Full
- Best Walmart Rollback Deals This Week
- Walmart Back-to-School Sales