If you’re a CVS shopper, you need to be signed up for the free ExtraCare Beauty Club program in order to get 10% back in points on cosmetics, skin and hair care.
Opt in to the CVS Beauty Club in store or on the CVS website. Here’s how the CVS Beauty Club works:
1. Earn $3 ExtraBucks for every $30 spent on beauty.
Earn your beauty ExtraBucks with purchases from any of the following categories.
- Skin Care
- Facial Care
- Hair Care
- Hair Color
2. Trial/travel size products, prescriptions and gift cards won’t count toward your beauty rewards.
So if you need shampoos, conditioners and body wash for on the go, buy travel size containers you can refill, like this set of 6 bottles from Amazon.
3. Your $30 cumulative spend can be met across multiple transactions.
Each purchase will add to your running total, which you can find at the bottom of your receipt.
4. Coupons won’t count against you, because CVS lets you earn rewards based on the cost of the product — not how much you pay for it.
If you get $30 worth of products but only spend $20 after coupons, you’ll still earn the $3 ExtraBucks.
5. ExtraBucks are redeemable online and in store.
You can redeem your rewards in store by printing them out at the ExtraCare Coupon Center, or they will print out on your receipt for you at the register. The Coupon Center is a kiosk in every CVS store that allows you to scan your CVS ExtraCare card or enter your phone number to print out any coupons that are currently on your account, including ExtraBucks.
To redeem on the CVS website, you just have to create an account online and link it with your ExtraCare account.
6. Double-dip advertised weekly ExtraBucks promotions on beauty items.
If this week Maybelline Cosmetics are “Spend $15, receive $5 ExtraBucks,” my $15 spend will count toward my $30 beauty spend AND produce the $5 ExtraBucks when I spend $15.
7. Receive 10% off your next beauty purchase when you sign up for CVS Beauty Club.
Just be warned, the 10% off shopping pass doesn’t work on sale or clearance items.
8. Get a free CVS Beauty Club birthday gift.
In the past, Beauty Club members have received $3.00 Extrabucks on their birthday. Lately, we’ve seen coupons for a free product like a Poparazzi nail polish or a lipstick, redeemable during your birthday month.
9. ExtraBucks can take up to 48 hours to show up in the CVS app, but you can redeem them immediately.
If you are checking your app right after making a purchase at CVS and notice that you should be closer to hitting the $30 mark than it shows, give it 48 hours to process. If you want to redeem immediately or check your progress toward your next beauty reward, check the bottom of your CVS receipt.
10. Make sure you’re using your CVS ExtraBucks before they expire — you have 30 days.
You have about a month to use your rewards, and most locations won’t take expired coupons. You have to pay attention to the dates printed on ExtraBucks or listed in the CVS app. Some stores will take them if they are just a day or two expired, but that’s not official policy. Be extra nice to the cashier if you’re trying to use your ExtraBucks a day late.
11. ExtraBucks can only be used with the same account they were earned on.
So you can’t hand ExtraBucks over to a friend to use unless they are using your rewards account with your phone number or CVS ExtraCare card.