Imagine that an online financial management site such as Mint.com and Facebook.com had a techie tryst and made a baby. If you blended the powerful business and finance tools from Mint.com with the fun, user-friendly nature of Facebook.com, you’d get Acorn Points by AboutOne.
AboutOne is an online personal/family organization tool. It serves as an electronic filing cabinet for storing you and your family’s important information including medical histories, house maintenance and appliance details, important receipts, and photos and videos all in one secure, centralized location. It does the job of a personal assistant, home manager, financial planner, and a social secretary. But unlike a team of hired helpers, this site doesn’t cost any money to use and will never sell your secrets to US Weekly, show up late for work, or flirt with your husband. Wink! AboutOne has just launched a new and improved version of their online organizer called Acorn Points by AboutOne. The site is gearing up for its spring 2012 launch day. Sign up for free and you’ll be the first to hear when Acorn Points goes live. As an added bonus, you’ll be automatically entered in a $5,000 giveaway.
Acorn Points by AboutOne offers all the same great tools as the original AboutOne online organizer, in addition to these new features:
- Syncs with Gmail, Outlook, and other digital address books to create a supercharged database of all your contacts.
- Provides an application for full mobile access from your smart phone. This way you’ll always have you and your family’s important information at your fingertips wherever you go.
- Makes your information work for you in a streamlined way to save you time and energy. For example, the site automatically creates hard copy memory books from your posted videos and photos. Likewise, it automatically creates family newsletters, health summaries, babysitter instructions, and greeting cards that email themselves based off information you have already provided to the site.
- Best of all, the site rewards you for meeting your organizational goals. More information will be available on the rewards program when the site goes live, but it seems as if Acorn Points by AboutOne will reward you with gift cards for simply getting your life in order! It’s kind of like getting paid to clean your own room.
Here’s how to sign up for Acorn Points by AboutOne:
- Click here to request an invite. Enter your email address in the designated box and click on the blue “Request an Invite” button.
- Wait a couple of minutes and then check your email for a message from the site. If you don’t see the email, try checking your spam folder.
- In the body of the email, click on the green “Confirm Your Subscription” button.
- The site will email you regarding your free account information when the site goes live. In the meantime, it will not use your email to spam you with messages.