Like cars and jewelry, clothes depreciate rapidly whether they’re in good condition or not. For thrifters, that’s great news!
You can easily find brand name clothes in good or like-new condition at a 50-95% discount simply because they’re “secondhand.”
If you’ve never known the joy of scoring a designer piece at a Target price, check out my eight favorite online thrift stores for quality secondhand clothes.
1. Find designer steals for the whole family with ThredUp.
Rest assured, their quality standards are high, and they describe item conditions in detail so you know what you’re getting. Plus, you can return anything not designated as “Final Sale” for in-store credit within 14 days.
I also like that they let you save your sizes so you only see pieces that will fit you. That’s a huge time-saver for thrifters!
Check out some of my favorite ThredUp finds:
- 74% off: $35 kids’ Gymboree pullover sweater for $8.99
- 81% off: $118 Guess bag for $21.99
- 93% off: $249 BCBGMAXAZRIA Runway dress for $17.99
(Never shopped at ThredUp before? Take an additional 40% off — up to a $50 discount — with code THRIFTY40 at checkout!)
2. Score deals on your favorites women’s brands in juniors’ to plus sizes on reStitch.
reStitch makes thousands of fabulous donated pieces available to online customers and ship all $25+ orders free! These clothes are ladies only, teens and up.
I found these jaw-dropping deals from reStitch!
- 64% off: $57 Calvin Klein blazer for $19.99
- 77% off: $40 Aeropostale sweatpants for $8.99
- 84% off: $98 Banana Republic jeans for $14.99
3. Get name-brand clothes in every size (including baby and maternity!) at Swap.
Swap claims to be the biggest consignment site in the world. Is that true? I don’t know, maybe, but they certainly have a ton of good stuff.
They offer free shipping on your first order over $10. You can also get a $20 referral credit when your friends make a purchase!
I found these ahh-mazing deals on Swap:
- 75% off: $48 kids’ Carter’s pajama set for $12
- 76% off: $25 Disney Baby Gap romper and overalls set for $6
- 89% off: $190 Nicole Miller maternity blouse for $20
4. Buy or swap men’s or women’s brand-name clothes on Vinted.
Vinted gives you the option of purchasing clothing outright or swapping something in your wardrobe for just the cost of shipping.
They sell men’s and women’s clothing and accessories and even have a special “Bundles” category where you can buy multiple items at steep discounts.
Check out the discounts on these Vinted items:
- 80% off: $250 Coach bag for $50
- 84% off: $50 Lauren Conrad skirt for $8
- 85% off: $100 value 3 pack of Victoria’s Secret swim tops for $15
5. Find affordable designer and vintage pieces with Tradesy.
Tradesy specializes in higher-end women’s labels and vintage items. Their pages are packed with beautiful secondhand goodies from brands I thought I could never afford!
They do accept returns, but only within four days of receiving your purchase, so hustle if it doesn’t work out!
These designer deals from Tradesy are on point:
- 72% off: $145 Marc Jacobs skirt for $40
- 87% off: $300 Prada top for $40
- 92% off: $200 Michael Kors satchel for $15.50
6. Get your man some swag with deals on Grailed.
Unlike most secondhand thrift sites, Grailed only stocks designer clothing for men. They boast that they have the absolute best catalog of men’s clothing at the best prices, and I tend to agree.
See something your man would love that’s still a little too expensive? Save it to your “Grails” and you’ll get a notification if the price drops.
Deals from Grailed that your guy might actually like:
- 72% off: $79 Gucci tie for $22
- 78% off: $75 Nike sweatpants for $16
- 81% off: $179 Burberry Black Label coat for $33
7. Score deep designer discounts, and throw virtual shopping parties with Poshmark.
Poshmark looks like Pinterest for name-brand clothes at ridiculously low prices. They offer themed “Posh Parties” where you can shop by styles like “Casual Friday” or “Everything Plus Size.”
I love that they offer authentication for luxe brands so you can be confident you’re not getting a knockoff. Keep in mind, Poshmark does not accept any returns, but your purchase is protected if it never arrives or doesn’t match the item description.
I’m obsessing over these Poshmark finds:
- 75% off: $348 Giorgio Armani skirt for $86
- 79% off: $99 Nine West pumps for $20
- 90% off: $60 Ann Taylor Loft blouse for $6
8. Find funky retro styles on Depop.
Depop is the ultimate source for offbeat vintage finds at bargain prices. You’ll definitely score some standout pieces with major attitude for both men and women. They sell some other random stuff too like art, music, and phone cases.
Since most of this stuff is really retro, I can’t say for sure what these items retailed for and therefore the discount.
But here’s a sampling of what I’ve seen:
- $14 Vintage Austin Reed maxi skirt
- $17.99 Vintage Elton John World Tour shirt, 1992-1993
- $55 Vintage Guess Letterman’s jacket