‘Tis the season for sending holiday cards. Whether you want to upgrade with foil accents or keep it simple with a postcard, the cost of cards can add up quickly. There’s no need to waste your holiday shopping budget on holiday cards — there are great deals to be had.
To make it easy for you, I’ve scoped out some of the most popular websites for purchasing custom holiday cards and compiled a list of the best places to score your holiday cards. Whether you’re sending out greetings for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or New Year’s, there are plenty of beautiful card options on this list that will let your loved ones know you’re thinking of them this season without breaking the bank.
Since we all could benefit from some time-saving hacks during the holidays, I’ve noted which companies offer additional services, like preprinting addresses and mailing the cards out for you!
Who has the best deal on cheap holiday cards?
With 18 options for cheap holiday cards, there’s a lot of info to consider: cost, card size, shipping, and promos. To make this info easier to digest, we set 50 cards as the standard and priced at that level. However, some places vary from 48 to 60 cards. And with early Black Friday sales, some cards are as low as 75% off.
Best Price Winners
- Canva gives you the cheapest holiday cards because the website is free to use. Just print your card in your desired size and mail. You do have to hand-address envelopes, and if you’re mailing 100 or so, plan ahead.
- PhotoAffections‘ Groupon deal of up to 75% off plus an extra 15% off with promo code, each 5 x 7 card is just $0.36 for a set of 70 cards! Even if you opted for 40 cards, they’re only $0.42 each.
- Staples is a winner for their $0.48 each holiday card. Choose 4 x 8 or 5 x 7 flat or folded for the same price of $24.49 for 50.
- Walgreens‘ holiday card prices start at $0.49 each for 60 4 x 8 flat cards ($29.76 total).
- With CVS‘ 40% off sale, you can buy 60 4 x 8 cards for $39, which is only $0.65 each.
Best Shipping Prices
- Walgreens and Walmart both have FREE same-day or next-day delivery
- Minted‘s standard shipping starts at $3.95.
- Office Depot/Office Max requires an order over $45 for free shipping.
- Staples has free shipping on orders over $59.
- VistaPrint‘s shipping rate is only $5.99 if you spend $25.
1. 50% off Zazzle holiday cards in November with budget cards from $0.27 each.
Through Nov. 22, 2023, enjoy 25% – 50% off custom photo cards at Zazzle with promo code 23BLACKFRIWK. They also have several budget cards that are as low as $0.27 per card when you purchase 10 – 100 cards. Shipping costs vary by location and may take about a week, but you’ll need an account to see rates.
For non-budget styles, Zazzle offers card sizes from 4.25 x 5.5 to 5 x 7, with prices depending on size, design, and type. For example, their flat 5 x 7 cards are now $1.22 each (usually $2.44), and 4.25 x 5.6 holiday photo postcards are $0.78 (normally $1.30). Ordering more cards gets you bigger discounts on select items.
Consider instant downloads starting at $11.90 per template to avoid shipping costs. Download options include high-resolution PNG, JPG, or PDF formats, although this choice isn’t available for postcards.
- Budget 4.25 x 5.6 cards: $13.50 for 50 cards ($0.27 each)
- 5 x 7 flat: $61 for 50 cards ($1.22 each)
- 5 x 7 folded: $114.72 for 48 cards ($2.39 each)
- 4.25 x 5.6 postcard: $34.44 for 48 cards ($0.78 each)
- Varies by order, and quantity; takes 4-7 business days
- Free unlimited shipping for Zazzle Plus members (free 90-day trial, then $19.95 per year)
Current Zazzle Promos
- 50% discount on custom holiday cards when you use code 23BLACKFRIWK (expires Nov. 22, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PT)
- 30% off your order when you sign up for email alerts
- Get a $25 coupon code when you refer a friend and their order ships
2. Get custom photo cards at Office Depot and OfficeMax for as low as $0.30.
Printed on premium stationery, holiday portrait cards at Office Depot and OfficeMax are regularly $0.99 apiece, but during their current sale, you can use coupon code 66258812 for 60% off. This drops an order of 50 4×6 flat cards from $37 to $29.60 or $0.59 per card.
Shopping at OfficeMax/Office Depot for the first time? Sign up for emails as a new customer and you’ll get a discount code for 30% off. OfficeMax/Office Depot will ship your cards in approximately 3-5 business days, and there’s no shipping fee on qualifying orders of $45 or more. Choose in-store pickup for free if you want to avoid shipping fees on orders under $45.
- 4 x 6 flat: $14.80 for 50 ($0.30 each)
- 4 x 8 flat: $18 for 50 ($0.36 each)
- 5 x 7 flat: $40 for 50 ($0.40 each)
- Free on orders $45+ (3-5 business days)
- Order before 2 p.m. for next-day availability at your local store
Current OfficeDepot/OfficeMax Promos
- 60% off holiday cards with code 66258812 (expires Dec. 30, 2023, 11:59 p.m. ET)
- 30% off any regular-priced item with Office Depot email signup
3. Staples holiday cards are $0.32 each during their Black Friday sale.
Through Dec. 2, 2023, get 60% off custom holiday cards at Staples with code 82652 (compared to 40% in 2022) in the Staples Black Friday sale. The minimum order of 25 cards costs $8 ($0.32 each) with the discount. For holiday delivery, order by Dec. 22 (same-day pickup) or Dec. 13 (shipped).
This deal covers 25 photo cards in 4×7.75 or 5×7, with options for rounded corners, gloss finish, and backside printing. This is Staples’ Black Friday sale pricing which is valid Nov. 19 – Dec. 2, 2023. After the sale, we expect them to drop back to 50% off, or $10 for $25 —, $0.40 per card. Alternatively, find a 50% off deal on Groupon for sets of 25 5×7 photo cards at $14.99 (normally $29.99). Shipping is not included, but free same-day pickup is available if you have a nearby store and order by 2 p.m.
- 5 x 7 flat or folded: $0.32 each ($8 for 25, $15.60 for 50)
- 4 x 8 flat: Same pricing structure as above
- Free delivery is available for orders over $59.99; takes 5-7 business days
Current Staples Promos
- 60% discount on custom holiday cards and invitations when you use code 82652 (expires Dec. 2, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PT)
- 50% off single-or double-sided cards at Groupon for Staples (expires Jan. 14, 2024, limit 3 per person)
4. Snag this Groupon deal today to get cards as low as $0.35 each.
PhotoAffections has an incredible Groupon deal offering up to 79% off holiday cards through Nov. 20, 2023. It is worth noting that PhotoAffections’ deadline for Christmas delivery is Dec. 18, so place your orders well before then.
Use code PROMO to get an additional 5% or 10% off your order (the discount varies by account). Choose from 40 custom 5 x 7 photo cards (reg. $79.20) for as low as $16.20 — $0.41 per card. Or select 70 cards (best value, regularly $127.40) for $24.30 or just $0.35 per card. Shipping adds $8.75 making the total price per card $0.62 for 40 and $0.47 for 70.
Purchasing the Groupon provides a coupon code for PhotoAffections.com, valid for single-sided cards and envelopes. You can upgrade to double-sided cards for an extra cost. Shipping is $8.75, with cards delivered in 2-3 business days.
- 5 x 7 flat: 40 cards ($16.99, $0.42 each), 70 cards ($25.49, $0.36 each)
- Standard shipping is $8.75 (2-5 business days)
Current PhotoAffections Promos
- Save up to 75% off on Groupon with code PROMO (expires Nov. 20, 2023)
5. Pick up your $0.48 Walgreens holiday cards same-day through Nov. 25.
Walgreens is my holiday card go-to, especially around Thanksgiving. Through Nov. 25, 2023, use code PHOTOCARD60 to get a 60% discount on all Walgreens cards. To ensure delivery by Christmas, order by Dec. 5, 2023, at 10:59 p.m. PT (choose economy shipping).
I prefer glossy photo paper cards, starting at $1.29 each for up to 60 5 x 7 cards, dropping to $1.19 for 80 cards or more. With the 60% discount, my cards cost just $0.46 each.
Walgreens also offers free recipient and return address printing on premium stationary cards with code SEND-CARDS. Note that you must create the cards on the website, not in-store or via the mobile app.
- 5 x 7 flat: $38.08 for 80 cards ($0.48 each)
- 5 x 7 folded: $49.80 for 50 cards ($0.99 each)
- 4 x 8 flat: $29.76 for 60 cards ($0.49 each)
- 5 x 7 postcard: $49.80 for 50 cards ($0.99 each)
- Photo orders aren’t eligible for free shipping.
- Shipping is only available for Mail-for-Me cards. The cost is included in your order total and depends on your zip code.
- Save on shipping and opt for free same-day pickup!
Previous Walgreens Promos
- 60% off all Walgreens cards with code PHOTOCARD60 (expires Nov. 25, 2023, 11:59 p.m. CT)
- Free recipient address and return address printing with code SEND-CARDS (expires Nov. 25, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PT)
6. Save 50% on premium photo cards at CVS for $0.55 cards.
I can always count on CVS to have deals on lots of things throughout the store, including holiday cards. Every month CVS has some sort of photo coupon. For instance, through Dec. 2, 2023, use promo code 50THANKS to save 50% on your holiday card order at CVS. If you’re looking for 4 x 8 photo cards (glossy or matte), they start as low as $0.55 per card for up to 60 cards, then drop to $0.48 per card for higher quantities.
Most CVS stores offer free same-day pickup, which comes in handy if you’re a procrastinator like me. You can also get cards shipped from CVS — depending on your shipping location; delivery time is about a week.
- 4 x 8 flat: $32.70 for 60 cards ($0.55 each)
- 5 x 7 flat: $37.50 for 60 cards ($0.63 each)
- 5 x 7 folded: $59.80 for 40 cards ($1.50 each)
- The shipping rate depends on your zip code
Current CVS Promos
- 50% off cards with code 50THANKS (expires Dec. 2, 2023, 11:59 p.m. ET)
7. Pick up Walmart holiday cards in under an hour for only $0.56 each.
Listen up, procrastinators: Walmart will probably be your best bet to get holiday cards quickly. Not only is their selection wallet-friendly, but certain styles can be picked up in about an hour.
No coupon code is needed for the selection of customizable photo cards currently on Rollback at Walmart. For $26.40, you can buy 40 5×7 cards on matte or glossy photo paper, bringing your per-card price down to $0.66 apiece.
Most Walmart photo products can be picked up in the store the same day you place your order; check the specific card for availability. For ship-to-home delivery, Walmart offers free shipping on orders over $35.
- 5 x 7 flat: $26.40 for 40 cards ($0.66 each)
- Free shipping on orders over $35
8. Save 70% on custom holiday cards through Target’s printing service and pay $0.60 per card.
Did you know that Target has a service for holiday cards? When you go to Targetphoto.com, you’re redirected to EZprints.com, their chosen photo printing service. Despite the change, you can get 70% off on cards through Nov. 27 with no code needed.
The EZprints holiday photo cards are on sale for only $0.60 each (reg. $1.99), which is one of the best deals on cheap holiday cards. You’ll only find flat 5 x 7 holiday card sizes but at that price, I’ll make it work.
- 5 x 7 flat: $0.60 each
- The shipping rate depends on your zip code, and order size (economy is 8-10 business days)
Current EZPrints Promos
- 70% off on cards (expires Nov. 18, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PT)
9. Pretty OptimalPrint 5×7 holiday cards start at $0.62 with 60% off coupon.
When you visit the OptimalPrint website, a pop-up alerts you to their current promotion. Just click “okay” to activate the discount. It’ll be applied to your order without you needing to hunt down the code when you’re ready for checkout.
When I checked out this deal, the site was offering 60% off, pricing a set of 100 double-sided 5×7 photo cards printed on silk cardstock at $57.80 (regularly $144.50). That works out to $0.58 per card. If you need to order upwards of 300 cards, your per-card price can be as low as $0.54.
Members of OptimalPrint’s Plus program ($24.90 annually) qualify for free shipping on personalized cards and gifts purchased all year long. For nonmembers, shipping costs will vary, and standard delivery is three to six business days.
- 4.25 x 5.5 folded: $35.90 for 50 ($0.72 each)
- 4.25 x 5.5 flat: $25.90 for 50 ($0.52 each)
- 5 x 7 flat: $30.90 for 50 ($0.62 each)
- 5 x 7 folded: $43.40 for 50 ($0.87 each)
- $7.90 for standard shipping (3-5 business days)
Current OptimalPrint Promos
- 60% off on cards with code XMASCARDSUS (expires Nov. 26, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PT)
- 65% off your first order in the app
10. Custom Snapfish holiday cards are 75% off, dropping some to $0.65 each.
Through Nov. 21, Snapfish has 75% off holiday cards with code TWINKLECR75. They offer three cost tiers: standard cardstock, matte photo paper, and glossy photo paper (available at CVS or Walgreens), with prices varying by size. With this discount, you can get 60 5 x 7 cards on standard cardstock mailed to your home for $54.45, or $0.91 per card.
Premium cardstock at $2.20 each includes free return address printing for mailed orders. For an extra $1.09 per card, you can use Snapfish’s Mail for Me service, which prints, stamps, and ships to your holiday list.
Shipping times vary by location, but economy shipping takes about a week for mail delivery. To ensure timely mailing, order your cards by the first week of December.
- 4 x 8 flat: $39 for 60 ($0.65 each)
- 5 x 7 flat: $54.45 for 60 ($0.91 each)
- 5 x 7 folded: $50.50 for 50 ($1.01 each)
- Standard shipping is $9.49 for one set of 20 cards
Current Snapfish Promos
- 75% off cards with code TWINKLECR75 (expires Nov. 21, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PT). Excludes Mail for Me Service charge.
- Free shipping on orders $29 or more with code FREESHIP29 (expires Nov. 30, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PT)
11. Buy cheap Costco holiday cards for $0.69 each — but you have to go through Shutterfly.
Costco doesn’t have physical photo centers anymore (they closed in February 2021), and their website, CostcoPhotoCenter.com, shut down in January 2023. However, you can still get affordable holiday cards by using your Costco membership with Shutterfly.
Simply link your membership card to Shutterfly and get 51% off regularly priced orders (excluding 4×4 and 4×6 prints) with free shipping on orders over $49. No coupon code is needed; the discount is applied automatically at checkout. Shipping starts at just $1.79 for select prints. Find more details on budget-friendly holiday cards at Shutterfly in tip number 10.
MORE: Read all about Costco’s photo center closing here.
12. Take 60% off select Vistaprint holiday cards until Nov. 28 for $0.78 per card.
VistaPrint has up to 60% off holiday cards as part of their Black Friday sale through Nov. 28, 2023. They have flat and folded holiday cards sized at 4.6 x 7.2. During the sale, flat cards are $0.70 each (usually $1.55). Folded cards drop to $0.76 each (regularly $1.67). You can design your own card on the VistaPrint website, starting at $0.78 each.
During Black Friday 2022, they had up to 60% off holiday cards and wall calendars, along with up to 50% off must-haves and free shipping on orders over $50. While there’s no confirmation for 2023 yet, I’ll update you if it happens. Currently, VistaPrint’s shipping rates start at $5.99 for orders up to $25 but are free for orders over $100.
- Design your own flat: $0.78 each (4 x 8); $0.78 each (4.6 x 7.2)
- Design your own folded: $0.84 each (4.6 x 7.2); $1.08 each (5.5 x 5.5)
- 4.6 x 7.2 flat: $0.78 each
- 4.6 x 7.2 folded: $0.84 each
- Standard shipping is $5.99 – $11.99 if you spend up to $100
- Free shipping on orders over $100
Current VistaPrint Promos
- Up to 50% off holiday cards (no code needed)
- $80 off orders $200+; $35 off orders $100+; and $15 off orders $50+
- 15% off when you sign up for VistaPrint email alerts
13. Support a small business with handmade cards from Etsy (but they can be pricey).
Etsy offers a variety of card options from handmade to digital downloads. Since each product is listed individually by the seller, sales and shipping costs vary. As of writing this article, the cheapest folded card on Etsy is a printable 5 x 7 digital download for $0.29 and a single 4 x 6 holiday postcard is going for $2. I’m also seeing flat-lay cards starting at $4 for single cards, but bulk buys can drop this cost to about $1 or less.
Etsy digital holiday cards can be used to send out through email or text, or you can use the file to formally print them. Plus, when you order from Etsy, you’re supporting a small business. Win-win!
TIP: Save the holiday cards you get in the mail this year and turn them into gift tags for next year’s presents.
14. Use Canva or PicMonkey to create free holiday cards. Then print them at home.
Instead of cheap holiday cards, how about free ones? Put your creative pants on and design your own holiday cards for free with the help of Canva or PicMonkey. Choose your favorite premade design, upload a family photo, change the text, and you’re done!
Send digital files to family and friends for free, or print them yourself for pennies on the dollar. You can use Canva to create your own personalized family newsletter, print it in color at Staples (about $0.70 per copy) or photocopy at your local library, and send it in lieu of the traditional card.
PRO TIP: You can use Canva to create your own personalized family newsletter, print it in color at Staples or photocopy at your local library, and send it in lieu of the traditional card.
15. Get 35% off all holiday cards at Simply to Impress to pay around $1.10 per card.
Everything on the Simply to Impress website is currently 30% off. However, while the cards are certainly pretty from Simply to Impress, they aren’t the most wallet-friendly ones I’ve found.
Customizable photo cards that are regularly $1.88 each (for 50 5×7 double-sided cards printed on classic cardstock) come down to $1.22 per card with the 35% discount applied. That’s still expensive.
Processing time is approximately two business days, but there’s a “lightning printing” option that’ll get your holiday cards in your hands the next business day for a hefty fee.
- 4 x 5.5 flat: $55 for 50 cards ($1.10 each)
- 5 x 7 flat: $68.50 for 50 cards ($1.22 each)
- 4 x 5.5 folded: $55 for 50 cards ($1.10 each)
- 5 x 7 folded: $68.50 for 50 cards ($1.37 each)
- Standard shipping is $8.75 (2-5 business days)
- Expedited shipping ($15-$25)
Current Simply to Impress Promos
- 35% off everything with code: MYHOLIDAY23 (expires Nov. 20, 2023, 11:59 p.m. ET)
- 40% off with Simply to Impress email signup
16. Save 50% + 25% on Shutterfly holiday cards with Cyber Monday deals.
During the Shutterfly Cyber Monday sale, you can save 50% on almost everything, including holiday cards. Plus, use code CYBER23 to get an additional 25% off. Their most popular styles typically run around $2.98 apiece when you buy 50 and drop to $1.54 each during this sale.
Use code SHIP79 to get free shipping on $79+ orders. And be sure to place your order by Dec. 11 at 4 p.m. Pacific to make the shipping deadline for the holidays.
- 4 x 8 postcard: $82.12 for 50 ($1.64 each)
- 5 x 7 flat: $54.75 for 50 ($1.64 each)
- Free for new customers (6-10 business days for economy)
Current Shutterfly Promos
- Get 25% off with code CYBER23 (expires Nov. 27, 2023 11:59 p.m. PT)
- Free shipping for new customers (no minimum). Register to receive promo code. Expires 30 days from registration.
- Free economy shipping ($79+ orders) with code SHIP79 (expires Nov. 29, 2023 11:59 p.m. PT)
- Free upgrade to expedited shipping ($79+ orders) with code UPGRADE (expires Nov. 29, 2023 11:59 p.m. PT)
- One free card trial (5×7 folded, 4×8 flat, 5×7 flat, 6×8 flat, 5×7 trifold card, 5×7 or 4×8 upgrade) with code CARD4U (expires Dec. 31, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PT)
- Get 20% off when you sign up for Shutterfly text alerts
- Sign up for Shutterfly’s email list to get free shipping promo codes and other discounts
TIP: Shutterfly has free recipient and return addressing service when you use a promo code, making it a time-saving option. They also offer a “Mail For Me” service for an additional $0.99 per card, which addresses, stamps, and mails your cards.
17. New customers get 20% off, free shipping, and free addressing at Minted.
Minted’s most cost-efficient holiday option is postcards measuring 4.25 x 6. A set of 100 eco-friendly cards costs $112 (usually $140), making it $1.12 per card with the discount. Prices vary based on type, shape, paper, and quantity, so make the most of the discounts and unlimited proofs.
Minted provides free customization of envelopes with return and recipient addresses for all customers, with contacts saved for future use. Standard shipping rates vary, with an estimated delivery time of 4-7 business days.
- 4.25 x 6 flat: $89.25 for 50 ($1.78 each)
- 4.25 x 6 folded: $136.85 for 50 ($2.73 each)
- 5 x 7 flat: $96.05 for 50 ($1.92 each)
- 4.25 x 6 postcard: $76.50 for 50 ($1.53 each)
- Free standard shipping for Minted More members
- Standard shipping is $3.95 to $9.95 (4-7 business days)
Current Minted Promos
- 20% off recycled cards, 15% off other cards, and free shipping with code HOLIDAYJOY23 (expires Nov. 21, 2023 11:59 p.m. PT)
- 20% off for new customers with Minted email signup
18. Make a digital card through American Greetings’ Createacard, and print them out at home.
Createacard by American Greetings offers convenient features like scheduling virtual cards and attaching digital gift cards. Plus, it will remind you of birthdays and anniversaries. Their printable cards can be designed and sent for free (bonus!). Plus, you can add voice messages and customizable music.
Membership comes in three tiers: monthly ($6.99), one year ($29.99, save 67%), or two years ($39.99, save 75%). Choose the plan that suits your card-sending frequency. Visit americangreetings.com, click Join, and pick a plan to start designing cards. With the two-year option, it’s only $1.66 per month.