We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Everybody stop what you’re doing and take a minute to celebrate the fact that Autumn Leaves and Balsam & Cedar season is here.
Okay, basically here. I start dreaming of fall in the form of buying Yankee Candle pumpkin and apple scented candles and lighting them up in my house.
But girl, they can get expensive.
So I tracked down all the best ways to save money on my favorite Yankee Candle products. Follow these tips and you’ll never pay full price again!
1. Get candles at 50-70% off from Bed Bath & Beyond.
Bed Bath & Beyond offers a great selection of sale-priced candles from 30-50% off, and you can take up to an additional 20% off with their coupons! Plus, you only need to spend $29 for free shipping if you want to shop online.
If you don’t already subscribe to BBB coupons, sign up here for a 20% off coupon, plus more coupons every month. Also, Beyond Plus members save 20% on every purchase and qualify for free shipping on every order. Just be sure that you’re at least saving enough at BBB to cover the $29 annual fee. If not, don’t bother!
2. Get a $5 voucher when you sign up for the Yankee Candle Fan Club, refer friends, and follow YC on social media.
Yankee Candle doesn’t promote their rewards club as heavily as other retailers. They don’t even mention it on their homepage!
You have to visit this separate website to sign up for rewards.
In YC Fan Club, you earn 100 points per dollar spent and a $5 voucher for every 10,000 points accrued. That’s $5 per $100 spent or 5% cash back.
However, you can earn some bonus points without spending any money. Check it out:
- Automatic signup bonus: 3,000 points, one-time
- Add mailing address to user profile: 3,500 points, one-time
- Follow on Twitter: 100 points, one-time
- Follow on Pinterest: 100 points, one-time
- Connect on Instagram: 100 points, one-time
- Upload a photo to Instagram using a Yankee Candle hashtag: 50 points (up to 500 points/month)
- Refer a friend to YC Fan Club: 250 points
So, if you earn all the one-time bonuses, post 10 YC Instagram photos, and refer four friends to YC Fan Club in your first month, you’ll have 8,700 points. That means you only need to spend $17 before earning that $5 coupon!
Or, you could go the easy route and keep referring friends and posting on Instagram until you get there.
3. Be sure to use your $5 voucher within 90 days.
Ugh, I really don’t like that issued $5 rewards expire after just 90 days! I keep an eye on my account and make sure I don’t earn a reward until I’m ready.
4. Stock up at 75% off during Yankee Candle semi-annual sales.
Yankee Candle hosts their semi-annual sales in December-January, then again in June.
Markdowns and a variety of buy some, get some free promos make it easy to score up to 75% off your total.
5. Subscribe to Yankee Candle’s email list for sales and updates.
I love hearing about all the new scents, but the real reason I subscribe? I want to be the first to know about sales and promos!
6. Buy candles in-store at Yankee Candle in order to avoid paying $5.99 for shipping.
Yankee Candle’s standard shipping costs $5.99 unless you spend over $100. Needless to say, I usually buy YC products in brick and mortars.
RELATED: 17 Best (Free!) Store Loyalty Programs to Join
7. Take advantage of BOGO and B2G2 deals at Yankee Candle when you see them.
You’ll get huge discounts at semi-annual sales, but you’ll find plenty of steep discounts on buy-multiples promos year-round, like this B2G2 (buy two, get two) deal from last August:
Large Vase Candle, Black Plum & Fig $27.99
Large Vase Candle, Vanilla Cardemom $27.99
Large Vase Candle, Pine Bough $27.99
Large 2-Wick Tumbler Candle, Autumn Leaves $27.99
Use code FALL246 to get two out of four candles for free
Free shipping on orders of $50 or more
Final Price: $55.98 shipped, or $13.99 per candle
There are lots of variations on the multiples-promos like buy one get one, buy two get two, buy three get three, buy three get one, buy two and save, all of which save you 30-50%!
Get Yankee Candle coupons and start taking advantage of current deals.
8. Buy car fresheners at Hobby Lobby with coupons.
You Hobby Lobby lovers probably know about their weekly coupon for 40% off any item.
Well, I use those on Yankee Candle air fresheners. These little $3.60 purchases remain the cheapest way to enjoy YC smells. Plus, I have no shame about wanting my car to smell like Balsam & Cedar all year-round.
9. Buy select fragrances from Walmart at nearly 30% off year-round.
In my experience, Walmart’s supply of Yankee Candle products is pretty hit or miss. But in typical Walmart style, what candles they do have are at unbeatable everyday prices.
Shop online for select 22 oz. tumblers and jars as low as $19.87 each, compared to $27.99 at full price.
10. Or consider lower-end Yankee Candle lines at Walmart and save $0.48/oz.
YC sells American Home by Yankee Candle at Walmart. These alternatives don’t smell as strong as regular YC products, but you might prefer them for smaller rooms or for a lighter scent.
- Yankee Candle: Apple Cider Candle, $1.27/oz
- Walmart: American Home YC Apple Cinnamon Cider Candle, $0.79/oz
11. Return Yankee Candles to Yankee Candle for any reason. Even if you’ve burned them already.
Yankee Candle knows they’re selling a luxury item. So they really want you to love every purchase.
Their website states that if you don’t love your purchase for any reason, even if you just changed your mind, they want you to return the product in-store or by mail for a full refund.
They’ll even let you return candles half burned. You know, for when you decide that candle you loved in the store is actually way too strong at home.
12. Check out social media for Yankee Candle sweepstakes opportunities.
Yankee Candle holds frequent sweepstakes for giveaways like a personalized photo candle or a $500 Yankee shopping spree via Facebook and Twitter.
BONUS: Live near (or visiting) South Deerfield, MA or Williamsburg, PA? Check out Yankee Candle Village.
Yankee Candle’s flagship “Village” stores will totally blow you away with hundreds of thousands of candles, festive decor, and fun activities like making your own candles.
You can also find plenty of outlet-style wares at steep discounts! Unfortunately, there are still only two locations.