If you’re planning ahead for Black Friday 2022, you’ll definitely want to make sure Home Depot’s Black Friday sale is on your list. That’s because when it comes to tool sets, power tools, and Christmas decor — the deals don’t get much better than what you’ll find at Home Depot.
I’ve studied and tracked Home Depot’s Black Friday sales data for the past three years, and the history has a lot to teach us when we’re looking to score the best deals.
- If you can’t wait for the sale, check out the best Home Depot coupons and deals available now.
- Download the KCL app and “favorite” Home Depot, which means you won’t even have to look for the best deals — we’ll just send them straight to your phone.
- And if you’d like even more tips about shopping at Home Depot, then I suggest reading our guide to every single Home Depot hack.
The information below is everything you need to know to get the most out of Black Friday at The Home Depot.
Let’s start with the basics . . . the next sale:
1. Expect The Home Depot Black Friday Sale to start in the first half of November.
In 2020 and 2021, The Home Depot Black Friday Sale was extended to start earlier in November than ever before. Prior to the pandemic, The Home Depot Black Friday Sale would start online on Thanksgiving Day and go until Cyber Monday. Now we see start dates within the second week of November to give shoppers more time to save.
2. Home Depot’s Black Friday sale usually lasts a couple weeks.
Although Home Depot’s Black Friday sale only lasted for one weekend in 2019, ever since 2020 they’ve stretched out the event to last for 2.5 – 3.5 weeks. But the best deals still hit during the actual week of Black Friday; that’s when Home Depot runs the best doorbuster deals on poinsettias and Christmas decor.
3. The $2 poinsettias are the best deal of The Home Depot Black Friday sale.
In 2020 and 2021, Home Depot’s Black Friday doorbuster was the $2 potted poinsettia — and before that the price was $0.99. Point is, the doorbuster poinsettia sales are the No. 1 deal I look for during Black Friday at Home Depot.
But if you’re looking for power tools and outdoor Christmas decor, you’ll still be in luck. In 2021 they had 60% savings on inflatable Christmas decorations and Buy One Get One free Dewalt power tool deals.
4. Subscribe to Home Depot alerts and special clubs to earn 10 – 15% off coupons.
Home Depot makes both dollar-off and percent-off coupons available to anyone who does the following:
- Sign up for Home Depot email alerts: Earn a $5 off $50 coupon.
- Sign up for Home Depot text alerts: Earn a $5 off $50 coupon.
- Join the Home Depot Garden Club: Earn a $5 off $50 coupon.
- Sign up for Home Depot Style and Decor emails: Earn a 10% off coupon on select furniture, home accents, bedding, and bath items.
- Complete a Home Depot workshop: Earn a 15% off coupon.
The email and text alerts are mostly useful for updates on each new Daily Deal, while the Garden Club members will receive tips, special promotions, and the occasional freebie.
All of these coupons will be delivered to you via email, except for the text sign-up coupon (that one goes to your phone). Your coupon for completing a Home Depot workshop will be delivered to whichever email address you used to sign up. Remember, these workshops have been online only ever since 2020.
Live 6.5-Inch Poinsettia $1.98 Special Buy
Rayovac AA or AAA Batteries, 40 ct $7.88 Special Buy
Pre-Lit 6.5-Foot Christmas Tree $39.98 (reg. $49.98)
Husky 270-Piece Mechanics Tool Set $99 (reg. $199)
Home Accents 11-Foot Inflatable Santa $68 Special Buy
Gorilla Ladders 3-Step Compact Steel Step Stool $14.88 (reg. $34.97)
Home Accents Holiday 100-Light Mini Incandescent String Lights $2.98 Special Buy
Bindle & Brass Cinnamon Scented Pinecone Bag 2-Pack $10 (reg. $21.98)
Free Delivery With Online Purchase of Live Christmas Trees
Free Makita, Milwaukee, or DeWalt Power Tool With $179+ Purchase
- Buy 1 starter pack, receive free power tool through Dec. 1