We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Black Friday in July may be over, but don’t say goodbye to the deals just yet. Target Deal Days came back in October 2022 for a second round of savings! Their early Target Black Friday deals will have you checking off your gift list long before Thanksgiving.
The Target Deal Days event happened Oct. 6 – 8, 2022, and featured deals on electronics, toys, TVs, bedding, kitchen appliances, and more. We saw hot deals like up to 50% off select toys, $50 off the Xbox Series S console, up to 50% off TVs and soundbars, and savings of up to $150 on Apple Watches, AirPods, and more. There was even a free $10 Target Gift Card when you spent $50 on groceries and used same-day delivery or pickup.
The event ran for three days, with deals available in stores, online, and in the Target app. Just as we expected, this sale gave Amazon Prime Day a run for its money.
Before you get shopping, download the Krazy Coupon Lady app and bookmark our Target Black Friday page so you never miss a deal.
Here’s what other retailers did for Black Friday in July to compete with Amazon Prime Day:
- How to Shop Walmart’s “Deals for Days”
- JCPenney’s Black Friday in July Shopping Guide
- Best Buy Black Friday in July Shopping Guide
- Macy’s Black Friday in July Shopping Guide
- Kohl’s Black Friday in July Shopping Guide
Here’s what you need to know about Target Deal Days 2022:
1. When is Target Deal Days 2022?
The Target Deal Days event happens twice a year, once in July around the same time as Amazon Prime Day, and again in the fall around the time of the Amazon Prime Day October sale. To compete with Amazon, Target typically runs their event a day or two earlier than Prime Day. This year you got three whole days of Target deals you can’t pass up!
Amazon Prime Day 2022 ran from July 12 – 13. The Target Deals Days summer event kicked off on July 11 and ended on July 13, during which Target offered thousands of deals in stores and on Target.com.
But that wasn’t the last sale we saw from Target in 2022. A second Target Deal Days event ran from October 6 – 8, 2022, kicking off Black Friday savings earlier than ever.
And unlike Prime Day, you won’t need a membership to take advantage of all the savings at Target.
2. Plan to score deals on everything from clothes and toys to electronics and even food!
You’ll find SO many deals and there’s something there for everyone. Target had a press release of all the deals for the fall sale.
Best Savings for Target Deal Days in October 2022:
- Up to 50% off select toys from Disney, L.O.L Surprise!, Barbie, and CoComelon
- Save $50 on the Xbox Series S console and get a free select Xbox controller
- BOGO 50% off movies and books
- Save $350 on the Westinghouse 65-Inch Roku Smart TV
- Spend $25 on beauty products, receive a $5 Target GiftCard
- Up to 40% off kitchen appliances and cookware
- Spend $50 on food and beverage using same-day services, receive a $10 Target GiftCard
- Save 40% on sweatshirts, sweatpants, sleepwear, socks, and slippers for the family
- Up to 40% off floorcare
- Save 25% off select vitamins and nutrition
- Up to 40% off select bedding
- Spend $50 on household essentials, get a $15 Target GiftCard
3. Target Deal Days offers unbeatable deals vs. Amazon Prime Day.
If you’re wondering if you should spend your time shopping at Target or Amazon, the answer is … well, both. They each bring something good to the table, it all just depends on what you’re looking for. Target offers best-of-the-year prices on their name brands like Threshold and Cat & Jack. Check out these deals with better prices than Amazon:
4. Stock up on Target gift cards during Target Deal Days.
We saw a 5% off Target Circle offer on Target gift cards only available during the Deal Days event. You could buy up to $500 in Target gift cards for only $475. If you’re planning to shop big during the event or give out Target gift cards for the holidays, this is the time to grab them for an extra layer of savings.
5. Earn Target gift cards before the sale to lower your out-of-pocket cost.
Check Target’s weekly ad and see if there are any gift card promos on items you’d typically purchase. Most are pretty simple, like “Buy 3 Tide products, get a $10 gift card.” Target gift cards don’t expire, so you can earn gift cards leading up to the sale to help lower your out-of-pocket cost on the deals you want.
The best one we’ve ever seen? Back in December 2020, Target offered a $350 gift card for anyone who bought a new iPhone 11.
6. Price match competitors for 14 days after your Target Deal Days purchase.
The Target price matching policy is pretty awesome. If you buy something at Target during Deal Days and see it go on sale at Walmart, for example, you can go to Target’s customer service desk and show them the lower price. They’ll give you the difference back.
Keep in mind that Target will not price match competitor doorbusters/lightning sales, including Amazon Prime or Amazon Fresh Exclusive offers.
Target will generally price match the following online competitors:
TIP: Target extends their Holiday Price Match Guarantee to cover anything you buy during Target Deal Days in October. That means any Target purchases you make from Oct. 6 to Dec. 24 can qualify for a price adjustment if you see the Target price drop on or before Dec. 24, 2022!
7. Use your Target RedCard for an additional 5% off all the best deals.
Target’s RedCard lets you save 5% on almost everything: even Black Friday sales, clearance items, and, most importantly, Deal Days.
Last year I stacked my RedCard discount on top of sale prices and bought a Keurig K-Slim Coffee Maker for $47.49 — that beat Amazon’s Prime Day price in 2021.
Choose from a Target RedCard credit or debit card, but I definitely recommend the debit card version. It connects to your checking account and works like a regular debit card but only works at Target. Plus, you’ll get free two-day shipping on all your orders.
8. Shop Target Deal Days in stores, online, or in the Target app.
Previously, Target’s sale prices were only available through the Target app or on Target.com. But in 2021, Target opened up the event to all in-store shoppers. In 2022, Deal Days savings are available in stores, in the app, and online Oct. 6 – 8, 2022.
9. Spend $35 on Target.com and get free two-day shipping (or just use your RedCard).
Of course, there’s no need to fight the Deal Days crowds. RedCard holders automatically enjoy free two-day shipping, and anyone else can get free shipping if they spend $35 or more.
Plus, you can grab your haul on the same day with Target Drive Up and Order Pickup. These are my favorite ways to score the best deals. Easy peasy!