We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
If you thought Black Friday was the only time to load up on great deals, then you’re missing out on Black Friday in July.
Target hosts Target Deal Days with deals on electronics, home, food and beverage, apparel, beauty, toys, and more. In 2022, we’re seeing online-only sales like 15% off select speciality gift cards, up to $75 off Apple Watch, and up to 40% off kitchen items.
- How to Shop Walmart’s “Deals for Days”
- JCPenney’s Black Friday in July Shopping Guide
- Best Buy Black Friday in July Shopping Guide
- Macy’s Black Friday in July Shopping Guide
- Kohl’s Black Friday in July Shopping Guide
Here’s what you need to know about Target Deal Days 2022:
1. When is Target Deal Days 2022?
The Target Deal Days event runs around the same time as Amazon Prime Day. Amazon Prime Day is a 2-day sale that typically runs on a Monday and Tuesday. To compete, Target will run their event a day earlier, Sunday, and keep discounts going through Tuesday. That means three whole days of Target deals!
Amazon Prime Day 2022 has been confirmed for July 12 – 13. Target Deal Days event has been confirmed to kick off July 11 this year and end July 13, during which Target will be offering thousands of deals in stores and on Target.com.
Unlike with Prime Day, you won’t need a membership to take advantage.
2. Plan to score deals on everything from clothes and toys to electronics and even food!
Target Deal Days offers so many deals, there’s something for everyone. In 2022, Target will be offering nice deals on everything from food, and Apple products, to toys and clothing for the whole family. These prices are just as good if not better than Black Friday prices.
Check out how you can save on Target Deal Days 2022:
- Spend $50 on food and beverage, get a $10 Target GiftCard with same-day services
- Save up to $70 on Apple products
- Up to 50% off select top tech and headphones
- 25% off beauty
- Up to 30% off home items
- 50% off select apparel and accessories for the family
- Up to 50% off hundreds of toys
- Up to 40% off kitchen appliances
- Up to 35% off floor care products
3. Target Deal Days offers unbeatable deals vs. Amazon Prime Day.
If you’re wondering if you should spend your time shopping the Target Deal Days sales or Amazon Prime Day deals, the answer is … well, both. They each bring something good to the table, it all just depends on what you’re looking for. Target offers best-of-the-year prices on their name brands like Threshold and Cat & Jack. Check out these deals with better prices than Amazon:
4. Stock up on Target gift cards during Target Deal Days.
There will be a 5% off Target Circle offer on Target gift cards purchased on Target.com only during Target Deal Days. You can buy up to $500 in Target gift cards for only $475. So if you’re planning on shopping big during the event or gifting Target gift cards, this is the time to grab them for an extra layer of savings.
5. Earn gift cards before Target Deal Days to lower your out-of-pocket cost.
Check Target’s weekly ad before Deal Days start and see if there are any gift card promos on items you’d typically purchase. Most are pretty simple, like “Buy 3 Tide products, get a $10 gift card.” Target gift cards don’t expire, so you can earn gift cards leading up to Target Deal Days to help lower your out-of-pocket cost on the deals you want.
The best one we’ve ever seen? In December 2020, Target offered a $350 gift card for anyone who bought a new iPhone 11.
6. Price match competitors for 14 days after your Target Deal Days purchase.
The Target price matching policy is pretty awesome. If you buy something at Target during the Target Deal Days event and see it go on sale at Walmart, for example, you can go to Target’s customer service desk and show them the lower price. They’ll give you the difference back.
Keep in mind that Target will not price match competitor doorbusters/lightning sales, including Amazon Prime or Amazon Fresh Exclusive offers.
Target will generally price match the following online competitors:
7. Use Target RedCard for an additional 5% off everything during Deal Days.
Target’s RedCard lets you save 5% on almost everything: even Black Friday sales, clearance items, and, most importantly, Deal Days.
Last year I stacked my RedCard discount on top of Deal Days discounts and bought a Keurig K-Slim Coffee Maker for $47.49 — that beat Amazon’s Prime Day price in 2021.
Choose a Target RedCard credit or debit card, but I definitely recommend the debit card version. It connects to your checking account and works like a regular debit card but only works at Target. Plus, you’ll get free 2-day shipping on all your orders.
8. Score Target Deal Days sales in stores, online, and in the Target app.
Previously, Target Deal Days sale prices were only available through the Target app or on Target.com. But in 2021, Target opened up the event to all in-store shoppers. Target Deal Days in 2022 will be available in stores, in the app, and online July 11 – 13, 2022.
9. Spend $35 on Target.com and get free 2-day shipping (or just use your RedCard).
Of course, there’s no need to fight the crowds during Target Deal Days. RedCard holders automatically enjoy free 2-day shipping, and anyone else can get free shipping if they spend $35 or more.