1. Wash your car with hair conditioner.
Most hair conditioners contain lanolin, a type of wax, which will make your car shine.
2. Wipe down the interior of your car with a coffee filter.
Coffee filters are made of a lint-free paper that is perfect for dusting!
3. Get rid of dead bugs on the front of your car with cooking spray.
Apply cooking spray to a car grille and bumper, then use a clean cloth to rub the dead bugs away.
4. Or, get dead bugs off your grille with dryer sheets.
5. Clean wiper blades with rubbing alcohol to prevent smears on your windshield.
Use a cotton ball or cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol to wipe your car’s blades.
6. Use baking soda toothpaste to rub away the grime on headlights.
Squeeze out a blob of toothpaste onto a rag and rub the paste all over headlights. The abrasive texture of the baking soda will help buff away grime.
Rinse headlights with water. Repeat as necessary.
7. Dust your A/C vents with a foam craft brush.
8. Or, blast the dust out of vents and carpeted corners with a can of compressed air.
Blowing dust and debris out from vents and the corners of your car’s floor will make it easier to vacuum.
RELATED: 11 Sanity-Saving Road Trip Hacks
9. Then, make your own air freshener by applying 5-10 drops of essential oil onto a clothespin.
10. Or, make your car smell good with pineapple skins.
Check out these other weird (but legit) ways to clean with leftover food.
11. Use an old sock, Windex, and a travel cup to clean cup holders.
Put an old sock over the bottom of a travel cup, spray with Windex, and twist to remove dirt and grime in cup holders.
12. Brush dirt and grime out of the seams of your seats with a toothbrush.
13. Use wooden skewers or a flathead screwdriver and cloth to remove dirt from small crevices.
14. Condition your dashboard with Vaseline.
First, wipe away dust with water and a clean rag. Then rub a bit of Vaseline into the dash. You may need to wipe away any excess Vaseline with a clean cloth.
15. Clean your windshield and car windows with baby wipes.
Keep a pack in your glove compartment, especially on long road trips! Not only will they help clean up messes, the alcohol in the wipes will keep your windows clean and free of streaks.
16. And don’t forget to roll down windows to clean the top edge with Windex.