In the spring cleaning mood? Or maybe you just want some car cleaning tips using the products you already have at home. These tricks will show you how to detail your ride for cheap.
If you’re not into using toothpaste and hair conditioner to clean, check out these deals on cleaning supplies.
1. Wash your car with hair conditioner.
Most hair conditioners contain lanolin, a type of wax, which will make your car shine.
2. Wipe down the interior of your car with a coffee filter.
Who knew you could do some heavy car cleaning with coffee filters? Coffee filters are made of a lint-free paper that is perfect for dusting!
3. Get rid of dead bugs on the front of your car with cooking spray.
Apply cooking spray to a car grille and bumper, then use a clean cloth to rub the dead bugs away.
4. Or, use dryer sheets for car cleaning and to get dead bugs off your grille.
5. Clean wiper blades with rubbing alcohol to prevent smears on your windshield.
Use a cotton ball or cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol to wipe your car’s blades.
6. Use baking soda toothpaste to rub away the grime on headlights.
Squeeze out a blob of toothpaste onto a rag and rub the paste all over headlights. The abrasive texture of the baking soda will help buff away grime.
Rinse headlights with water. Repeat as necessary.
7. Dust your A/C vents with a foam craft brush.
8. Or, blast the dust out of vents and carpeted corners with a can of compressed air.
Blowing dust and debris out from vents and the corners of your car’s floor will make it easier to vacuum.
RELATED: 11 Sanity-Saving Road Trip Hacks
9. Then, make your own air freshener by applying 5-10 drops of essential oil onto a clothespin.
10. Or, make your car smell good with pineapple skins.
Check out these other weird (but legit) ways to clean with leftover food.
11. Use an old sock, Windex, and a travel cup to clean cup holders.
Put an old sock over the bottom of a travel cup, spray with Windex, and twist to remove dirt and grime in cup holders.
12. Brush dirt and grime out of the seams of your seats with a toothbrush.
13. Use wooden skewers or a flathead screwdriver and cloth to remove dirt from small crevices.
14. Condition your dashboard with Vaseline.
15. Clean your windshield and car windows with baby wipes.
16. And don’t forget to roll down windows to clean the top edge with Windex.