For travel novices, these Internet deals are last-minute airfare specials offered each Tuesday for travel on the upcoming weekend. Most fares are non-refundable and must be purchased immediately, but these specials often represent significant savings over advance purchase fares.
United Airlines – Dozens of Internet specials this week, mostly to or from their hubs in Houston, Newark, Chicago, Cleveland and Denver. Purchase before 11:59 p.m. (EDT) August 31. Departures after 7 p.m. on August 31 or anytime September 1 and return on Monday, September 3 or Tuesday, September 4. Taxes and airport fees are additional. This week's fares include:
- Chicago to Quebec City, Quebec – $358
- Chicago to Washington, DC – $221
- Cleveland to Richmond – $161
- Denver to Memphis – $267
- Denver to Ontario, CA – $271
- Las Vegas to San Francisco – $161
US Airways — Purchase E-saver fares by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on September 1 for travel departing September 1 and returning September 4. Taxes and fees are additional. The best round-trip fares:
- Charlotte to Tampa – $240
- Washington DC to Martha’s Vineyard – $220
- Syracuse to Washington DC – $200
Delta Airlines Web Deals – Purchase Delta Web deals by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on September 1 for travel departing anytime September 1 and returning on September 4 or September 5. Highlights include:
- Atlanta to Little Rock – $200
- Atlanta to Tallahassee – $160
- Detroit to Washington, DC – $200
- Minneapolis to Bismark,ND – $200
American Airlines Net Fares – There are no American net fare specials for either this weekend or next weekend.
Remember there are a limited number of seats available for these airfares and they may sell out at any time. Read the fine print before you purchase.
Have you picked up any of these great airfare specials? Tell us about it in the comments.